4.0 out of 5 stars Who knows the truth?
As a non-Christian reading this book, I felt as though Bishop Spong came as close as anyone in my past to making me understand Christ and Christianity. Had he been influential earlier in my life, I may even have chosen Christianity!
Bishop Spong has "Rattled a Few Cages" in his most recent book, cages that needed rattling. No one knows "the...
Published on 16 Aug 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
I must say I was disappointed with this book. I had hoped that Bishop Spong would give more direction to what he sees as the future of Christianity but I found this sorely missing from these pages. There is much personal experience of his own journey and what he finds hard about Christianity today, but there is precious little definite as to how he sees Christianity...
Published on 4 Mar 2012 by CJ Craig

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Brainless drivel, 26 Sep 1998
By A Customer
The book is a shallow attempt to try and explain what the author cannot explain. Simply put, he can not explain God or why what happens, happens. Therefore, Christanity's explantaion can not be true or valid. What is true and valid? The author has no idea. This person demands that God be logical and understandable to HIM or he will not acknowledge the existence or correctness of God. Who is God in this thought process? Spong seems to make himself that, perhaps unconcsiously.

1.0 out of 5 stars a whiff of new age nonsense!, 16 April 1999
By A Customer
If Spong claims to be a Christian, he really needs to research what the title and life really means. If he names Jesus, who is the living Christ, then he really is in trouble with the teachings that He taught. Our God is a living being, not a force, and he demands certain standards of holiness. Christianity- true Christianity will not change! The scriptures declare that God does not change; there is no shadow of turning with Him. What the Holy Bible teaches and declares is truth, and we dare not take away or add to it. Our thinking is not on the par of our Creator. Wisdom is contained in it and if any other teaches another Jesus than the one we are taught in the Bible, woe to him! People are searching for truth, hope and consistency in this world, being led astray by winds of doctrine disguised as Christianity. If you want to know true Christianity, don't look for it in this book! Fundamentalist Christians will not change! We love our Jesus,and know the truth. Don't believe this nonsense that Spong relates. It will lead you into a place called hell, and you'd better believe it does exist!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›