5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic fun book, 22 Feb 2007
Florencium - See all my reviews
This book is great. It is about a orphan called Measle who lives with his evil guardian Basil Tramplebone. One day when Measle is very naughty Basil gets very angry and makes him tiny and puts him in his massive train set. Then a whole adventure unfolds where Measle has to be better than a skinny, smelly, little orphan (who hasn't had a bath in years) and think of a plan......fast.

I would reccomend this book for 10-13 year olds who like a funny good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for bed-time reading with the kids, 15 Feb 2006
Sarah Wright (Manchester, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
My son's class (Year 3)was being read this book by their teacher. He loved it so much he begged my mum to buy it him the others for Christmas and we read from them every night. We get so engrossed we forget the time and end up reading whole chapters instead of just a few pages! Brilliant for age 7 and up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Measle and the Wrathmonk, 3 Oct 2005
My mother got the book for me when I was twelve. I never read it because I wasn't really in to reading at the time. We had a power cut when I got home from school once so I couldn't play on the x box. My mum suggested I read a book so I did and I found the book a real page turner and I couldn't put it down. It is a magical book full of interesting escapes and fiendish plans to confuse the Wrathmonk. Measle and the Wrathmonk is an amazing book and I really enjoyed it. I would recommend it to anyone of the ages twelve to fifteen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Measle and the Wrathmonk, 26 Jan 2005
Miss C L Cane (Gloucester, Glos United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
My Mother bought this book for my 8 year old son for Christmas as he loves reading and being read to but is at an age where he is ready for more grown up books.
He adored this book and every night checked that I was going to read him some more. There are far less illustrations in this book than he is used to but it is so well written there is no need for pictures.
It is sooooo nice to find a book that is as enjoyable and interesting for me, being the one doing the reading, as it is for him.
Can't wait to read the next one!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for the reluctant reader!!, 6 Nov 2007
Mrs. S. Baker (Blackpool, UK) - See all my reviews
After years of trying to get my dyslexic son interested in books and reading, I discovered the existence of Measle (I saw Ian Ogilvy talking about it on After they Were Famous) the brief description given caught my attention and I decided to buy a copy for my son. He could not put it down! He has gone on to read all 5 of the Measle books and has enjoyed every word. I just wish that there were more!!!!! I can't recommend these books highly enough. Here's to the next adventure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book for Children and Adults, 6 July 2006
E. A. Avison (Oldham) - See all my reviews
I have now read all 3 books to my 5 year old daughter at bed times. She loves them and so do I. I thought she may be a little young for these books but seems to have no trouble understanding the concepts and in fact we spend quite a lot of our time now, discussing the differences between wrathmonks, warlocks and wizards. We can't wait for the 4th book to be published, keep up the good work Mr Ogilivy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 28 Aug 2004
By A Customer
Exciting, beautifully written and great illustrations. A must read. Cant wait for the sequels.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 14 Jun 2004
By A Customer
I have to say that when I saw this book was written by an actor / celebrity I was immediately put off buying it. Celeb biogs are fine but when they turn to fiction, the results are usually pretty dire and the publishers have to sell on hype rather than quality of writing (eg: Madonna's English Roses). I've been fooled in parting with cash before but now I've got wise to this and actively avoid novels by celebs.
But a friend recommended this to me and so I took the plunge and bought it. I think it's a great read. It's a perfect book for children because it's written at their level without talking down to them. It's quirky, funny, fast-paced and inventive - I'd never even heard of wrathmonks before I read this book.
I also loved the vivid bright green cover which makes it stand out from the glut of sci fi and fantasy out there.
All in all, I'd say Ian Oglivy is a fine writer as well as an actor.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for 10 yr old boys, 1 Dec 2011
I would highly recommend this for 10 year old boys. The amount of pages made my son a bit reluctant to start, so we read the firt page together and that was it, he was hooked and loved every page from then on. I now have got him the rest of the editions for christmas. He kept talking about the story line, and even stopped watching telly so he could read. Highly recommended. I wish there were more new books coming out.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE THE BOOK!, 11 May 2011
WOT A GREAT BOOK! I LIKE IT SO MUCH, AND THE BAT, AND MINI PEOPLE WEN THE WRATHMONK BREEVS ON THEM. I AM 6 YEARS OLD AND MY DADDY READ THE BOOK
TO ME AT NITE. IT IS VERY EXCITING BUT NOT TOO SCARY. ITS LIKE ROALD DAHL. THE BADDY BASIL TRAMPLE BONE IS VERY FUNNY AND I LIKE HIM THE BEST. MEASLE IS JUST LIKE A REAL BOY. NOW WE ARE ON THE SECOND ONE.

Measle and the Wrathmonk
Measle and the Wrathmonk by Ian Ogilvy (Hardcover - Sep 2004)
Used & New from: 0.15