Format: HardcoverChange

on 22 January 2010
My 2.5yr old daughter absolutely loves this book - she gets very animated when we read it, and we can read it to her in a way that we can visibly see encourages her imagination. As with 'Where the Wild Things are' and 'the Cat in the Hat', she is now using excerpts from the book when describing everyday situations so it must be doing something right.
on 20 June 2010
Love this book. Is just so different to other childrens' books and the illustrations are fantastic.
Is recommended for 4 years plus but my 2 year old twins love it and shout 'Crazy Hair' every time we get to the end of the lines.
on 21 October 2012
My 3 year-old grand-daughter and I first came across this book during one of our many trips to the local library. Don't be put off by the wacky cover - you simply must read this book! It's fantastic for reading aloud and had my grand-daughter truly enchanted and in a real fit of giggles in no time. It's been a favourite read ever since and still results in lots of laughter and much talking about what's happening in all the wonderfully clever illustrations. A brilliant book that will have you talking about 'craaaaazy hair' in no time!
on 10 February 2010
My children weren't sure what they thought about the book to begin with (4 and 5 year olds) but they get the mad part about it now and love it.
on 23 May 2015
I was drawn to this book because growing up my father very much had crazy hair and was constantly told to get a haircut. It definitely lived up to my expectations. This book embraces crazy hair despite other people's need to try and tame it. The ks1 class I teach also loved this story and were not put off by the unusual illustrations. A must for anyone with crazy hair or who feels the need to broaden other people's minds about unique hair.
on 8 October 2010
Although I was originally un-nerved by the illustrations and (am still) jarred by odd scansion in a couple of the verses, my two-and-a-half year old loves this. I now really appreciate having a book that isn't full of the usual cute, rounded characters and I'm happy to read this funny, charming and unusual book every day.
on 20 March 2012
A great children's book. My little girl (2 years old) loves it, and would have me read it every night if she could. Neil Gaiman really has a gift for catching your imagination with his books, whatever your age.
on 15 January 2011
The story is both emotional and light, humorous and magical. The mesmerising artwork reinstate this to its full potential. My 8 year old daugher who is very fluent reader found it very very enjoyable.
on 9 August 2015
Bought this for my four year old who has wild hair. He loves the story and the beautiful illustrations.
on 25 July 2015
One of my favourite books to read to my daughter - brilliantly written, imaginative and funny.