1 Review

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 14 Jan 2006
This review is from: My Fair Temptress (Mass Market Paperback)
Well, I'd rather have my money back thank you. The writing of the novel was not bad, but lacked something, cohesiveness maybe.
The story starts out all wrong as well. The two female characters introduced in the beginning are both beautiful, strong-willed etc... The heroine, Miss Ritter, was embraced a few years back by a cad, and while he's living the life, she's been turned out of house by her father (a CIT who married well) and looking for a way to scrounge up enough money to take her younger sister with her to her dead mother's family in France.
This is the goal of the book and yet the question the reader has immediately is why not write to the family and explain her circumstances? The incongruities in the storyline abound but this is the main flaw in my mind. The character's are not unlikable but they are forgettable.
The ending drags on and on for no good reason and the 'trust' issue seems forced.
The sex is absolutely gratuitous and does not enhance the story in any way. I like steamy novels but it seems like a lot of contemporary authors forget to write romantically and go straight for the actions. Elizabeth Thornton and Barbara Metzger are two examples of how this can be done exceedingly well.
All in all, I'm sorry I purchased this book and will not purchasing any other novels from this author.

My Fair Temptress
My Fair Temptress by Christina Dodd (Mass Market Paperback - Oct 2005)
Used & New from: 0.01