5.0 out of 5 stars Very good autobiography.
Published 17 months ago by Sweetastico

3.0 out of 5 stars The Mutt: How to Skateboard and Not Kill Yourself
This is not an instruction book but a biography. Just to warn you, but it is a reasonable read though
Published on 19 Jun 2009 by Mr. S. Gohil

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good autobiography., 31 Oct 2012
This review is from: The Mutt: How to Skateboard and Not Kill Yourself (Paperback)
"The Mutt" is a very good autobiography. Exacly the one style I wanted to read from Rodney. The book is very well written, and the structure so simple. Rodney doesn't over talk about the tricks he used in contests nor the ones he invented but focuses on sharing his personal life in all details, chronologically. Youth, family, friends, business, souvenirs, hapiness and sadness.
A book that gripps you from the first chapter if you want to know everything about Rodney, his surrounding, and how the world of skateboard used to work from the 1970's until now.
Highly recomend it !

5.0 out of 5 stars A HERO, 15 Feb 2007
C. Davis (Boulder, CO) - See all my reviews
When I was freestyling in the 80's, Rodney was my hero. I was in my teens, and he was a true celebrity. His skating is unparalleled. I was about 15, and I wrote him a fan letter care of Powell/Peralta. A couple months later my mom was cooking dinner, the phone rang, it was for me. I pick it up and the guy says "Hey Chris, this is Rodney." I practically fell over. Of course I was taken completely off guard and acted like a dork, but there I was, talking on the phone with my idol. He was such a professional, and a fine guy, to respect his fans like that. That moment is very special to my childhood memories....

The best skaters are the ones who really persevered, Rodney and of course Tony Hawk are still skating today, and are also very wealthy for it. It is truly in their blood, and God bless 'em.

What's more, is people who are not familiar with skating obviously don't appreciate the scale of his celebrity, his fandom. I was intimate with the sport and riders all through the 80's, and today I could talk about it, but to who? Through no fault of their own, people just don't understand how important he is, a true athlete. And the brief encounters I had with him at that time are an important landmark in my life. (I also got his autograph in 1986 at a Swatch music & skate entertainment stage show in NYC).

This book is a great insight into his life and attitudes, and shows his genuine character. Definitely a nostalgic and worthy read....

5.0 out of 5 stars simply the best !!!, 25 Nov 2013
D. Tudge "tudgie" (manchester uk) - See all my reviews
what hasn`t already been said about the legend Rodney Mullen? By far simply the best skateboarder who has ever lived !!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational book, 18 Jun 2013
I thought I'd find some instructions on how to skate and some teaching pics etc, but it's more like an autobiography of the most skilled skateboarder alive. Though I didn't find what I was looking for, I just found an interesting and inspirational story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, 23 April 2013
The delivery time for this book was exceptional. It arrived 2 days before it was mean to.

As for the book, epic book, so much about Rodney i didnt realize, before i read this i was a big fan, now im a massive fan.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rodney Fan!, 20 April 2013
Well i am a big Rodney fan and found this book good , not the best autobiograohy out there but a good insite into rodney mullen.

Worth a read

5.0 out of 5 stars yeah!!, 16 Oct 2012
An insightful look into a truly delightful human. Inspirational and uplifting. Rodneys story is really interesting. The background and upbringing of this talented man is fascinating to say the least. When I finished it I was kinda sad that the whole thing was over. An amazing skateboarder and all round genuine happy go lucky fella.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it, 1 July 2012
S. Oberauer "Lost Hobbit" (Earth) - See all my reviews
I started skating in 1989, back in the day when Tony Hawk and Rodney Mullen were inventing everything that skateboarding is today. I watched a video of Rodney Mullen on YouTube and thought it would be interesting to read his autobiography, since I had previously enjoyed Tony Hawk's Hawk: Occupation: Skateboarder (Skate My Friend, Skate), but I didn't realize I would enjoy it this much.

As a fan of skateboarding or Rodney Mullen, I think this book has everything you'd want to read about, including its history, how Rodney got into skating, how he invented tricks, how he met other skaters, his psychological issues, his relationship with his dad and all about his multi-million dollar skate company.

I read a review that said this doesn't teach you how to do his tricks. Well that's sort of true, but not entirely. If there's one thing the book teaches you about how to skate, it's that if you want to be the best, you have to be obsessed with it, and skate for hours every day. And that applies to pretty much anything you want to excel at.

Stephen Oberauer
Author of The Mischievous Nerd's Guide to World Domination

3.0 out of 5 stars The Mutt: How to Skateboard and Not Kill Yourself, 19 Jun 2009
Mr. S. Gohil (uk) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Mullen is God, 5 Jan 2007
BobK "BobK" (Barrett_ut@hotmail.com) - See all my reviews
Even if you know nothing about skateboarding please rememeber that Rodney Mullen invented ALL THE MODERN TRICKS you see preformed today. He is truely the godfather of street skating and should be recognized as so even though he would prefer to a noted as a freestylist.

Long live RM the Kickflip, Impossible, 540 Shove It, etc... you are my hero.

ARRAY(0xa718e4e0)

The Mutt: How to Skateboard and Not Kill Yourself
The Mutt: How to Skateboard and Not Kill Yourself by Sean Mortimer (Paperback - 8 Sep 2005)
6.29