Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 22 March 2012
I absolutely loved this book and already have more of the author's work downloaded so I don't get withdrawl symptoms! Great female co-worker characters with lots of girlie humour, a boss-from-hell, a couple of brooding alpha males and a twist in the tale too. It's not a book full of torrid sex scenes, it's a great light, fun read anyone could enjoy. Couldn't put it down!!
on 29 July 2012
This is the first in the Voodoo series and makes for a very funny read, with a touch of mystery too. I'm a Stephanie Bond addict and think all her books are fantastic, more please Stephanie.
on 2 April 2012
A jilted woman moves into a new town and becomes part of a car-pool. As the women begin to grow closer, so they are framed for murder.
A murder- mystery book for women which combines the story of a woman beginning to trust with a good who-dunnit!!!
Easy to read and good solid plot made it a definate winner!!
on 2 June 2012
I read the book while I was on holiday and was pleased that it kept me entertained. It's a relatively light read, no need to get the synapses sparking too much, however it does actually manage to keep up the mystery until the perpetrator is revealed.

I felt that the author had a real feel for her characters and managed to show the main people as likable but also still flawed, as real humans are. It was nice to see that it wasn't all cutesy.

On the back of this book I have gone and bought some more books from this author and would definitely recommend that you give her a try if you are into these kind of genres - and definitely a great read for sitting out on the terrace enjoying the summer evenings.
on 4 March 2014
I didn't like this one as much as others I've read by her. My favourites were the Voodoo ones but she seems to have packed those in after only two which is a shame. In this one Jolie's fella' has disappeared and to add insult to injury he's also nicked her car !! So she's attempting to find out where both are and to keep her head above water paying her bills and working at the same time. For fun she joins a new pal who crashes upscale parties...
There were some mistakes in it which grated for me, too. I've never been able to figure out myself if missing person's reports has an apostrophe or not and the author here is as confused as sometimes she does and then she doesn't. 'My savings is gone' stood out for me as an "ouch" moment as did tom used in place of torn !!
Liked was used where it should be like and then this line "I'll him that his advice" I assume lost tell and "out a limb" lost on ? I was also lost at the word 'overage'. I'm still wondering what was meant there-perhaps coverage or it's an Americanism I've never heard of before. I didn't understand either why Gary wouldn't need shoes towards the end-baffled by that.
As a rule I do enjoy her books, though, and as this is a prequel to a new series featuring a couple of characters from this story I will take a look at the first in that series for sure at some point.
on 16 February 2015
Another gem by this author. I greatly enjoy her stories and she offers up a great deal of them as freebies which is really kind. I epsecially liked the characters in this one and had to admit I'd have fallen for Capistrano in a heartbeat....he was a true hero and a super guy to boot-what's not to adore ?
As usual there were some very funny lines in her book-she is a very witty writer. Some things get lost in translation, though. I've never heard the expression hi-test before so I was a bit lost there and I Googled copping a nib and even they didn't know what I meant !! I utilised them to better effect looking up a Magic 8 Ball-we don't have those here !!
I only spotted bounded where abounded should've been used, I thought, and that was the only mistake (or not) which easily means 5 stars in itself for me. Makes reading such a pleasure.
She almost lost me with her attorney getting sick...that was almost a bit too far gone for me but thankfully we soon got past her inclusion in the story. I really liked the mention of the stick in the water and looking at something from a different direction....THAT was intriguing.
I look forward to the next one of hers for sure.
on 16 November 2012
Just discovered Stephanie Bond. Great light reading, fun with a thriller twist. Will certainly read more especially when in need of cheering up.
on 10 June 2012
I have read a few books by Stephanie Bond now and really enjoyed them. This one, in comparison, was a much more average read. I found the story very slow going at the start; possibly because the characters weren't as well rounded as they could have been.

I worked out who the main suspects were quite some time before the end - so reading to the final chapter was pretty much a formality. Then in the last couple of chapters while all the loose ends were tied up there was a sense of, "so what?" (again partially due to lack up characterisation and partially because there was a sense of convenience to it all)

It wasn't an awful read by any means, but I did find myself at times having to force myself to read it and I was quite glad to get to the end so that I could start a new book. However it was quite nice for reading late at night, before bed, as it doesn't tax the brain in any way whatsoever.

If you read this and find it an average read don't give up on the author, as she has written many better books.
on 14 May 2013
Another very good book by this author. Again, there are some real laugh-out-loud moments or expressions in it and I really enjoyed it. It's about Penny who is recently divorced and her pals throw her a freedom party. She's given a voodoo doll dressed as her ex and stabs it. All in good fun until said ex is found murdered !! So it's got a nice dose of murder and thriller mixed in with the humour.
Penny is a little uptight and certainly eats some odd stuff all in the healthy living cause and she'd probably get on my nerves if I met her but you had to feel bad at the mess she finds herself in.
There were a few niggly little mistakes like misplaced or missed apostrophes then forgotten capital letters. The the surname was suddenly Under as opposed to Linder which has clearly been copied across wrong at some point.
I'll certainly be sticking with this author, though. I was intrigued by Penny's lawyer and I see the sequel to this book features more about her background so it's on my wishlist.
on 1 November 2012
This author has written a lot of books but this was the first I have read. I think this one was great. I really enjoyed it. It's about a bunch of four different women carpooling who all work in a furniture store in Atlanta.
She does use a word that annoyed me quite a lot-yilk........I've not heard of that before but it jarred on me each time I saw it ! There were also a few crashing spelling errors which I was shocked to see as surely an editor has been employed. Hook for book/budding for building/minors for mirrors being a few. Not good and let it down.
There were some great laugh out loud moments-most for me involved her relationship with her cat Downey. I'd recommend it but just ignore the errors.
She had a clever idea with the epilogue and I liked that. I also like what she wrote at the end as it's so true these days. "I know you have a lot of entertainment choices at your fingertips, so I'm thrilled you chose to spend a few hours with my story"......nice touch I thought.