on 27 April 2004
If you have not read Into Danger yet, I recommend you read it first. Bothbooks stand alone, but they are so much richer if you read them in order.
Rick Harden works for a secret agency, but is under suspicion after aprevious assignment has gone wrong (Into Danger). Now there's talk oftreason and the big bosses want to know if Rick was in on it all along. Internal Investigations get sent to investigate him, along with a NikkiTaylor who apparently belongs to an even shadier organization. Nikki'sbeen sent in to evaluate Rick because she looks a lot like his deceasedwife.
Games are being played, there are double-agents, hidden agenda'setc. And then there's Rick and Nikki... A lot of tension there!
Like the previous novel, Ms Low isists the reader should think forhim/herself. The plot is complicated, so you need to be attentive. Thereare double entendres, misleading information and enough twists and turnsto make your head spin with the effort of keeping up. I liked the factthat the writer doesn't treat us readers like 5-year olds who needeverything spelled out for them.
I especially liked the seatbelts...You'll just have to read for yourselves if you want to know what I'mtalking about!!
on 21 June 2004
Facing Fear is another well put together suspence from Gennita Low. Rick Harden's unit TIARA has had its operations suspended pending an internal investigation and review. Nikki Taylor is the mysterious consultant bought in to help determin Rick's guilt or innocence.
Rick and Nikki's attraction is instant and combustable, however Nikki is haunted by a tragic past and Rick finds her resemblence to his dead wife uncanny and a little untrustworthy.
I was prepared not to enjoy this book as much as I did Into Danger, I didn't like Rick Harden, and thought he was an unlikely hero for Ms Lows book. However I found this a touching story and foud that Rick really has a heart of a teddy bear, despite his 'Hard-on' image.
I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys well crafted suspense, I can hardly wait until the next book in the series.
on 15 July 2006
if you love one of the books in the gennita low series then you will love them all they are realy really great. i couldnt put any of them down.this one is full of action and suspence and just the right amount of erotic naughty scenes. if you like action and romance then this is a book for you.if you read this one you wont have a choice but to read the other 4 by gennita low and you can find them all on amazon.
on 6 September 2005
I read this without realising it was actually the second in the series - enough information is given re the events in the first book however to enable us to follow the twists and turns (and there are plenty of those). This is Rick's story and Ms Low performs the neat trick of successfully resolving the issues surrounding Rick and bringing his story to an end while leaving us on a cliff-hanger re the fate of his two fellow agents - are they alive or dead? - if the former can they be rescued.? We the readers will have to read the next in the series as that will presumably tell their tale.
on 27 May 2008
I was disappointed to find out Rick Harden was the hero of this story as he was not appealing in the least during Into Danger.

Boy was I in for a shock, this guy was fantastic, so sexy, so passionate I LOVED HIM. This was a fantastic book, incredibly intense and sexy and a great love story.

I love Gennita Low, her stories and characters are very well thought out and very well written.
on 8 September 2015
bk 2 of 3 in the SASS series. This series is like a psychological thriller with all the mind games played. So many tangled webs woven. Brilliantly written, and so enjoyable to read. I adore this Author.
on 17 February 2016
Loved the story , that links romance to real life issues, gives it more depth, and makes me not want to put it down, found this book hard to put down
on 17 January 2015
Excellent book, many twists and turns. Thrilling right to the end.
on 19 November 2014
Brilliant. Like all her books it was exiting and fast paced.
on 2 July 2014
first of many i started great plots, images, more please