4.0 out of 5 stars Laughter and tears what a great book
This is the story of Paris James who wakes up married to Elvis, Turner Pruitt. Turner has been in love with Paris since they where teenagers but Paris has a past that she can't face especially when she gets pregnant.

Published on 23 April 2006 by Deborah-ann Donald

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy reading
Typical chick lit book, if you got a couple of spare hours, this is a nice easy read, although it didn't blow me away, it didn't leave me disappointed either.
Published on 1 July 2012 by Ifza

4.0 out of 5 stars Laughter and tears what a great book, 23 April 2006
Deborah-ann Donald "D Donald" (Edinburgh, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: She Woke Up Married (Avon Romance) (Mass Market Paperback)

This was a funny and fast past book, but it will also give you tears, it had me crying in bits. Its great this is the first of Suzanne MacPherson's books that I have read and I can't wait to read more.

4.0 out of 5 stars What an intriguing book, 10 Oct 2007
tigersfan (Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: She Woke Up Married (Avon Romance) (Mass Market Paperback)
I bought this book because the synopsis looked sexy and funny but once I started reading this I really wasn't sure about it. Although it was quite funny, and in parts it was very sexy, I didn't understand how I was meant to feel anything for this shallow, selfish woman, or more specifically how the hero was meant to, especially as he was apparently a man of the cloth (I really didn't get the whole Elvis-impersonator preacher man thing). I persevered though, and was glad I did. Surprisingly this book deals with some very serious issues (specifically post-natal depression and abandonment) which contributed to the behaviour of the heroine. As the story progressed I became aware that you are no meant to be rooting for the heroine as she is now, but rather the woman she will be when she learns to move past her fears.

It is still a very enjoyable book, just not entirely the light-hearted romp I had expected it to be.

4.0 out of 5 stars good holiday read, 3 Dec 2012
very lighthearted. Doesn't require much thinking. Main character self centred, self obsessed, you wouldn't want to be like her, yet you can't help but like her.

4.0 out of 5 stars She Woke Up Married, 1 July 2012
This book was funny. I laughed in parts, was frustrated that they couldn't just tell each other how they felt. There was sadness too, what should have been a happy pregnacy was made so unhappy because of the cloud of depression Paris' mother went through. I would recommend this book to read and it was very cheap too! I have downloaded another book by the same author I am going to read next.

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy reading, 1 July 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 27 May 2008
This review is from: She Woke Up Married (Avon Romance) (Mass Market Paperback)
This book was not funny, the heroine was annoying; the hero was ok but needed to be a little less of a doormat.

I tried to give Paris a break, she had had a difficult childhood, but she was just too selfish, ill mannered and shallow for me. I have to say that the ending was good and I did like the way things turned out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 7 April 2008
This book was great, little black dress books have never let me down! They always use fantastic storylines and characters! This was no exception, the gorgeous Turner Pruitt and Paris made a fantastic match! The bit about her childhood made for some slight tears! I suggest this book to any fan of romantic fiction!

She Woke Up Married (Avon Romance)
She Woke Up Married (Avon Romance) by Suzanne MacPherson (Mass Market Paperback - April 2005)
Used & New from: 0.01