5.0 out of 5 stars I can smell it!
I got this book the day it came out and i thought it was excellent. The Rock gives you an insight into what the WWF is all about. How he rose to fame from a college football player to the most popular wrestler in the business today. He tells of his sadness of his family to the happyness to his beautiful wife Dana. If you are a true wrestling fan; The Rocks fan then this...
Published on 28 Dec 2000 by christophergwynne@yahoo.com

3.0 out of 5 stars A GOOD BIOGRAPHY BY ONE OF THE ALL TIME WWF/E GREATS
I bought this biography in a Charity Shop. I was always a fan of THE ROCK so I took the plunge and bought his biography and it was good but could have been a lot better then it was.

I found a few niggles with the book. The main one was one minute it would be written in first person (so he would write I) then he would write in third person and refer himself as...
Published on 14 May 2008 by Stu (PSN: Funeral-Bringer)

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars You've gotta love wrestling to love this book, 12 Mar 2000
This review is from: The Rock Says (Hardcover)
I picked up this book fresh from reading Mick Foley's excellent auto-biography. The Rock Says is mush easier to get into than Mankinds book, but is not as riveting once you get going. Dwane Johnson tells an interesting story about his life growing up in the wrestling business and his college tales are also worth reading. But the chapters written as the Rock don't offer any insight into the business and tell us nothing that we don't already know. This book has been written quickely to make money and capitalize on the popularity of the Rock and the WWF. If you don't like the WWF - don't bother reading this. It doesn't offer any insight and tells a less remarkable story than the Mankind book.
That said, the book kept me interested and I polished the whole thing off in a day of two. If you love the WWF it's definatley worth reading. It's a good story and easy to read.
But this book is far from a MUST read and won't tell you much you don't already know.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as Good as Mick Foley's, 17 Aug 2000
By A Customer
Well i was a fan of the rock untill i read this! In this book it is all about his ego, whereas in "Have A Nice Day" it gives you an insight to the life of Mick Foley. If you like the rock buy it! If you don't like the rock, buy Mick Foley's book

4.0 out of 5 stars The GR81s Book, 12 Mar 2000
This review is from: The Rock Says (Hardcover)
Just about 3 days after finishing "Have a Nice Day" I started "The Rock Says". I have to say that I was a bit dissappointed because i guess i was comparing them.
I didn't like the way Dwane Johnson aka the rock wrote his pieces. For example when he was facing stone cold he said in a piece that he wasn't writing how him and steve were good friends but then he started to go on about how he was a piece of trailer park trash when he himself was writing it.That said though it was still well worth a read and i'm delighted that i bought it.
In concluion if you will only get 1 of the above books get Have a Nice Day but if you would get two then it is well worth it.If any1 wants to knoe asnymore about either of the books u can e-mail me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, but needs more, 11 Jun 2000
"The Rock Says....." is a great book, well written, has everything a biography should have but I feel that had the Rock written it himself it would have got a five star mark from me. The fact that I love the Rock has not swayed my opinion of the book at all, its just that I feel that more of what The Rock has to say about his life, loves, tribulations and his childhood would have been better coming from him in his own unique style. He is, as the cover states, the most electrifying man in sports entertainment. Aside from this, the book is well written, just the right mix of biography and the obvious token wrestling history included. It made me look at the Rock as a human, and not the machine he seems to be on tv. I highly recommend this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Read., 8 April 2000
This review is from: The Rock Says (Hardcover)
I have liked the Rock ever since he was a Jabroni in 1996/1997 and he became my favourite wrestler in 1998 when he defended the IC title at Wrestlemania 14 against Ken Scamrock. He is and will eventually be cosidered the greatest performer in the biz. I raed this just before Have a Nice Day and although not as good and as long as Have a Nice Day this a a quality title and tells you a fair bit about the Rock and his personal issues along the Rocky road to WWF champ. It has quite alot about American Football and that means nothing to me as I'm from the UK (what does it all mean ? ) But if you don't like it as much as I did the shine it up............... ahhhh you know the rest!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Rock's definitely come out tops this time!, 16 Mar 2002
This review is from: The Rock Says... (Paperback)
Although some may detest the WWF, this book gives readers more insight into the life and goings on of the proffessionals themselves. This book shows how The Rock worked his way up from the scrums and became one of the best known wrestlers today, proving to us all you have to work hard to get somewhere in life. A brilliant autobiography with a touch of personal feeling, that will keep you reading about the great one right until the end. Like The Rock quoted in his book from Shakespeare, "Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them." I think The Rocks a bit of all three and so his book becomes great through him!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is ace!, 3 Mar 2000
This review is from: The Rock Says (Hardcover)
I am new to the world of professional wrestling and have learnt a lot about it in the last couple of months from my friends and watching the TV shows, so I was very pleased when I received this book as a gift, Once I started to read it I couldnt put it down! I felt as I was reading it that i was gaining a great insight into the life of Dwayne Johnson and his WWF character - "The Rock", as well as gaining knowledge about the world of professional wrestling and what it's like from an insider's point of view. I thouroughly enjoyed reading this book and I'm really looking forward to reading Mick Foley's book now!

5.0 out of 5 stars If ya smell what the rock is cookin!?!, 10 Feb 2001
This review is from: The Rock Says... (Paperback)
This book is recommended to all WWF fans. I hardly ever read but i decided to buy this book. When I bought this book I thought it would take me ages to read but i read it in 2weeks and 4 days! The book makes you realize that the WWF is not just about the superstars thinking about themselves and it puts you so you feel all the rocks emotions as you read along with the peoples champion. The book makes you know who Dwayne Johnson really is as a person and makes you realize who Stone Cold, The Undertaker, Bret Hert etc.. are aswell this is a must buy and i recommend it to any wwf fan do u smell what the rock is cooking?

5.0 out of 5 stars the most electrifying book in sports entertainment, 14 Nov 2001
This review is from: The Rock Says... (Paperback)
The book is the best book i have ever read it's all about The Rock (Dwayne Johnson)and his life when he was a child and life now when he was a teenager he was not a wrestler he was a American football player but then he decided to make a career change and follow in his dad's footsteps and become themost electrifying man in sports entertainment he becme a wrestler The Rock.
it is a really good book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A 'Guaren-damn-teed' must read for Rock fans, 3 Feb 2000
This review is from: The Rock Says (Hardcover)
This, like Mick Foley's 'Have a Nice Day' is a must read for fans, not just of the WWF, of any wrestling federation. Dwayne talks through all the major points in his life and shows what it was really like to be brought up in the wrestling industry and how he got sucked in there following his dad, Rocky Johnson, and his grandfather, the great High Chief Peter Maivia. This shows wrestling from a different angle from that of Mick Foley's book and the fact that The Rock tells his story in his own persona, makes it an even better read. Not as good as Mick Foley's, but a great read anyway.

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

The Rock Says
The Rock Says by The Rock (Hardcover - 28 Jan 2000)
Used & New from: £0.01