5.0 out of 5 stars The Human Spirit Captured in the Simplicity of a Circle!
Shel Silverstein's "The Missing Piece" is
truly entertaining, capturing the essence of the human spirit in the simplicity of a circle.

Like a person searching for his 'soul mate',
the Circle is happy in life, but feels incomplete, and longs for the day when it will finally find what it has been missing.

We see the Circle...
Published on 3 July 1997

3.0 out of 5 stars Could also be called 'The Missing Peace'
A lovely hardback book which I was really looking forward to reading, as so many of the reviews said it was brilliant. As you keep turning the pages, realizing you are approaching the end of the book and the happy ending you are hoping for (in the book and even more so in your life), doesn't look like it's going to happen ..... you turn the last page, still hopeful...
Published 3 months ago by Eliza Beth

5.0 out of 5 stars The Human Spirit Captured in the Simplicity of a Circle!, 3 July 1997
Shel Silverstein's "The Missing Piece" is

Like a person searching for his 'soul mate',

We see the Circle finding many pieces, all perfectly fine alone, but just not the right fit with our Circle. Some are too large, or too small, or too pointy. Still, the Circle doesn't give up. It just merrily rolls along, talking to a worm, or smelling a flower, and singing its song. Human beings, like the circle, find that they have many relationships with other people who just aren't right for them, the 'halves' don't fit together right, shall we say.

Silverstein has created a remarkably versatile story that when read to children, is a lovely tale they will request to hear nightly, ( much like Shel's other fantabulous works) yet when read by adults, carries a hidden meaning, another story tucked away between the lines that so carefully reflect our own souls in their tightly connected thoughts.

I always enjoy the simplicity Shel Silverstein creates, and would highly recommend this story to all those who have ever longed for the perfect relationship, been in it, lost it or have it. As well, anyone wishing to fulfill both her and her child's reading desires with a wholesome, entertaining tale. It is definitly a wonderful piece of work!

3.0 out of 5 stars Could also be called 'The Missing Peace', 15 Feb. 2015
This review is from: The Missing Piece (Hardcover)

I sat numb and frozen, devastated by the power of this book and the harsh and cruel reality I was left with. I wondered about buying the sequel 'Finding the missing piece', but decided not to. 'Finding' could mean you find it, and raise your hopes. Equally, 'Finding' is not always possible, and there could be too much to lose. A further purchase would be too high a price to pay.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and wonderfull, 28 Mar. 2006
This review is from: The Missing Piece (Hardcover)
I like to said that sometimes is not necesary use big pictures or dificult words to undestand a beautifull message.

5.0 out of 5 stars The truth lies within, 2 Jan. 1999
This review is from: The Missing Piece (Hardcover)
For me, this book is about being whole in yourself. The search for the missing piece is ultimately successful, but not necessarily because the piece fits. I really can't seem to find the words to say what I want to, so I'll just say "Read the book."

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is one of the best book for all ages., 5 Nov. 1998
This review is from: The Missing Piece (Hardcover)
I don't have children, but I enjoy reading book with children. How does it feel to read a book with your child, and both of you learn? I think that's what this book is. I learned alot from this book, and also the other book from Shel Silverstein, The Big "O". I really love his work.
I love these two books and I gave them to all of my friends to read. I think if I have children, I would read to them everynight, hoping it help them to learn a good lesson from those books, when they are still willing to learn.

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money, 2 Mar. 1999
This review is from: The Missing Piece (Hardcover)
My students love many of the books Mr. Silverstien has written, but please check this one out at the library first. Draw a side view smile on your white board. There you have the book.
A Third grade teacher. protzman@shinbiro.com

The Missing Piece
The Missing Piece by Shel Silverstein (Hardcover - 1 Jan. 1976)