1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books for dessert lovers, 17 Sep 2003
Zoubouli (Athens, Greece) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Room for Dessert (Hardcover)
This is one of the best cookbooks I have ever purchased. I have a big sweet tooth and have accummulated quite a collection of cookbooks on cakes, cookies, chocolate, etc. This book covers a large variety of sweets, from cookies (the best chocolate-chip cookie recipe I have ever tried) to sorbet (chocolate coconut sorbet, sangria sorbet) to ice cream (butterscotch ice cream with hickory nuts) marmalades and jams (plum strawberry), sauces (caramel, blackberry), crysalised ginger (which I can't find here, so I have to make it), to cakes (coconut, fresh ginger). I have tried a variety of things in this cookbook (cookies, ice cream, caramel) and they have all turned out DELICIOUS. I made coconut macaroons dipped in chocolate for my husband since he loves them so much and I ended up eating most of them - they were fantastic! A large fraction of the recipes are accompanied by mouth-watering pictures. Lebovitz includes some guidelines at the end for caramelisation as well. You don't have to be an expert to use this book, but you probably do have to have some experience and some tools (candy thermometre, hand-held mixer) for a few of the recipes. The ice creams and sorbets require an ice cream maker. I am extremely pleased with this cookbook and intend to eat my way through all of it. Excellent gift too, but make sure to get one for yourself!

Room for Dessert
Room for Dessert by David Lebovitz (Hardcover - 29 Mar 2001)
18.79