5.0 out of 5 stars If you don't enjoy this book- check your pulse. you're dead!
Published on 17 Sep 2001 by Mr. J. Natt

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Not the best looking book, missing the cover............great read though
Published 23 days ago by I Macphee

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars If you don't enjoy this book- check your pulse. you're dead!, 17 Sep 2001
Mr. J. Natt "jaycam" (London UK) - See all my reviews
Like many people, I have found the personality of Dolly Parton bursting with such humour and possitivity that to find this book was a real discovery. Throughout 'DP: My life and Other Unfinished Business',many layers of history and personal difficulties are handeled with depth and sensitivity. A life so rich in moments of wonderment. Parton never gives up on herself: from such meager beginnings, to times of real personal tradgedy, her inner light shines ever bright. Reading each page and waiting on every word, I was inspired by the wonderful energy that Parton exhumes with the passing of each experience that coloured her life. On reading the book, you can't help but feel a Tennessee twang come over as the rich text leads you deep in to her Smokey Mountain home and beyond into the wonderful world of one of the worlds most loved and respected personalities. Truely this is the most compelling and endearing of all 'Rags to riches' fairy tales. This book adds new depth and meaning to Parton's back catalogue. Songs that have difined my own life growing up on the other side of the world. If you get a chance, listen to the CD 'HeartSongs- live from home'- It makes the perfect soundtrack. Read this book and I guarentee you will see why there is only one Dolly Parton.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Natural Story-Teller, 16 Dec 2007
This review is from: Dolly: My Life and Other Unfinished Business (Hardcover)
Bought this 'used' as a gift for a fan of hers (hard to buy this close to Xmas 'new') so thought there would be no harm in having a little read of it myself. WOW! I'm not a fan of her music but I am either going to have to read very quickly or buy 'the fan' another present as I cannot put this book down.
Dolly tells the story so well you can easy visualize her tough but loving childhood and am desperate to read the rest of the book (am up to chapter 4 adn the book is great so far)
Highly reccommended if you like a really good story

5.0 out of 5 stars I could not put it down. Excellent!, 29 Jan 2002
senior@csenior.freeserve.co.uk (United Kingdom (Todmorden)) - See all my reviews
The book was quite frank and I was glad of this. It made me want even more to visit the places that she mentions in the book, to see for myself, what must have been a wonderful place to grow up in. The people she describe in the book seem so loving and friendly, not at all what we see on TV.
I felt really pleased that I had taken the time to read the book and enjoy her passed and apperciate how hard she must have strugled to be the person that she is today.She made me greatful for all the things that I have. You must read this book if you have and interest in Dolly Parton.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, couldn't find anything about her life from ..., 30 July 2014
This review is from: Dolly: My Life and Other Unfinished Business (Hardcover)
Brilliant book, couldn't find anything about her life from book shops in England. Fast arrival and good condition for second hand

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 July 2014
This review is from: Dolly: My Life and Other Unfinished Business (Hardcover)
An excellent book about an iconic character.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT, 23 Feb 2014
This review is from: Dolly: My Life and Other Unfinished Business (Hardcover)
THIS WAS A PRESENT . IT WAS SOLE AT A VERY GOOD PRICE THE CHEAPEST I HAD SEEN. SAVED ME TROTTING AROUND ALL SHOPS - CAME WELL WERAPPED AND VERY QUICKLY

5.0 out of 5 stars A good book, 19 Feb 2014
Denise (ASHFORD, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dolly: My Life and Other Unfinished Business (Hardcover)
I was a little fascinated by Dolly so bought the book. She writes as I can imagine she would speak to you, so it was like having her in the room with you. She's led an interesting life and has a different outlook to life than I think most people.

The book was a little thought provoking, an easy read. Although she is known for her faith she certainly didn't ram it down your throat.

5.0 out of 5 stars dolly parton book, 8 Feb 2014
This review is from: Dolly: My Life and Other Unfinished Business (Hardcover)
got what i ordered came when they said it would very good price most pleased with book as it was a present for my uncle

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 22 Jan 2014
This review is from: Dolly: My Life and Other Unfinished Business (Hardcover)
A gift it was well accepted and I am told enjoyed by the reader. Good value, excellent quality book. Happy customer

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 7 Jan 2014
Brought this for my daughter as she is a fan. She is enjoying reading about the early life of Dolly parton.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Dolly: My Life and Other Unfinished Business
Dolly: My Life and Other Unfinished Business by Dolly Parton (Hardcover - Oct 1994)
Used & New from: 2.15