‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic book!, 7 Dec 2004
This review is from: See Jane Score (Mass Market Paperback)
This was the first book I have read by Rachel Gibson and I will definately be reading more of her books. This is a truly inspirational piece of work that encourages the dream that 'Brad doesn't always marry Jennifer and Ken doesn't always hook up with Barbie'and gives hope to anyone out there hoping to marry one of the Luc Martineaus of this world!
Luc Martineau is the famous goalie for the Chinooks hockey team and he's not particularly happy when Jane Alcott, the less than glamourous new sports reporter, joins the team for their hockey tour. Luc is every girls wildest fantasy and I have to say Ms Gibson's descriptions of him had be dribbling. I fell in love with him myself!
Both Luc and Jane have preconceptions of eachother and their relationship does not start on the right footing. However, as they get to know eachother things begin to sizzle and the passion and chemistry between the two characters is fantastic.
This is a brilliant book and I would recommend it to anybody!

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshingly upbeat and lighthearted, 14 April 2003
Farfalla (MA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
"See Jane Score" follows in the footsteps of Rachel Gibson's other novels, offering up a fiesty heroine Jane, a columnist for a newspaper, and a tough-guy hero, Luc, the first-string goley for the local hockey team (Seattle Chinooks.) Jane gets a surprise move to be a sports reporter, and specifically to follow the Seattle Chinooks, and to travel with them. Jane knows nothing about hokey, and so she goes about learning everything that she could before she has to write her first sports column, and ask the players intelligant questions.
Unsurprisingly, the team is less than thrilled to be having a reporter traveling with them, and even less thrilled that the reporter is a GIRL! Jane becomes the target of the players jokes, and they are looking for a way to get her off of their backs (being a superstitious lot, they don't like anything to change.) When they lose a game badly, they blame it on the female reporter traveling with them.
Needless to say, Jane does not let things end there, but I don't need to write a synopsis of the entire book. Jane and Luc make a believable couple in the world of romantic comedy. She is not the most glamorous female, or the most beautiful. She does have a lot of personality though, and she draws the reader into the book.
I recommend this book to anyone who has read Rachel Gibson's books before, or the books of Susan Anderson, or Julia Quinn. It has a joyful quality that makes the book a pleasure to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it!, 23 April 2007
Sian Louise (UNITED KINGDOM) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: See Jane Score (Mass Market Paperback)
This was my first Rachel Gibson book and I thought it was brilliant!

Its your normal girl meets boy type of story - Luc Martineau is a goalie hockey player, and Jane Alcot is the reporter covering the games. He resents her being there and she doesnt like him very much, however despite how much they claim to dislike each other there is a very strong attraction between the two.

I thought the two main characters were very well written, the chemistry was written so well you could feel it whilst reading it. And all of the other smaller characters were very good and the book overall was very worth reading.

In fact I enjoyed it so much that I just had to go out and purchase more of her books lol

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun to read, 23 April 2008
This review is from: See Jane Score (Mass Market Paperback)
I started reading Jennifer Crusie books and Amazon reccommeded Rachel Gibson to me. I picked this up in a charity shop for that reason and I'm not disappointed. I couldn't put it down and ended up finishing it at 3am! It's funny and sexy without being patronising and a good light read. I've just bought three more to see what the rest of her books are like. If you like Rachel Gibson I think you'll like Jennifer Crusie. They both write books you can laugh at, cry at and get steamy about in just the right quantities.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Fabulous!!!, 7 Mar 2008
Zehra7 (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: See Jane Score (Mass Market Paperback)
This is the thrid Rachel Gibson book that I have read and I thought that nothing could match up to 'I'm In No Mood For Love' but this is just as fantastic! The characters are strong, realistic, the sex is hot and the story is just as believable. I could not put it down!

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 7 Jan 2008
Laura (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: See Jane Score (Mass Market Paperback)
I love this book. Its the first Rachel Gibson I bought and I have re-read it so many times! I love the character of Jane and Luc is very attractive..!

I notice Rachel's new book is about the Chinook's again...oohh can't wait!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved everything about it!, 18 Oct 2007
This review is from: See Jane Score (Mass Market Paperback)
I've read several other Rachel Gibson novels, and this one is my absolute favourite. I love everything about it, the characters, the humour, and the fact that sometimes people do pick substance over glitz. Luc Martineau is hot, i'm half in love with him myself! I've read Rachel's other books containing other Seattle Chinooks members and this one is by far the best, i can't recommend it highly enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars Chic Lit with Attitude, 19 Sep 2007
This review is from: See Jane Score (Mass Market Paperback)
This is a great book and I'm now a Rachel Gibson convert. The setting seems believable and the characters are strong. Luc is obviously drop dead gorgeous but jaded, and Jane a bit prickly, but they certainly set the sparks flying and fall for each other big time without even wanting to or knowing it. They are some really funny lines - Luc's offer to add a 'sample' to Jane's coffee being one, and the sex scenes are suitably steamy.

5.0 out of 5 stars How sexy is Luc Martineau????, 28 Aug 2007
tigersfan (Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: See Jane Score (Mass Market Paperback)
What a book!!! This is my favourite Rachel Gibson book. Everything about it made me smile. It was funny (I love the humiliation of the pre-game ritual), both main characters were great, the sexual tension was very beliveable, it gets pretty hot and steamy in places and has made me look at ice hockey in a new light. I couldn't put it down, and read it all in one go (until very late at night!!). Its just left me thinking..... I really want to see Luc's tatoo!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 5 Jun 2007
This review is from: See Jane Score (Mass Market Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book, I have read several Rachel books and this is one of my favourites. The story is great, the characters are interesting and funny. I laughed out load several times and the steamy bits are hot! I never knew ice hockey could be so sexy lol.

Also dont miss The trouble with valentines day or simply irresitable as both these books contain characters that you meet in this book.

A fab, funny and sexy read.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

See Jane Score
See Jane Score by Rachel Gibson (Mass Market Paperback - 1 Feb 2003)
Used & New from: 0.01