4.0 out of 5 stars A fishing Classic, 16 Mar. 2011
This review is from: The Deepening Pool (Hardcover)
I bought this on behalf of a keen Barbel angler,and haven't read the book, but the little snippets I read made me feel like taking up fishing just for the thrill and skill of it- The Author's style is gentle and meandering as a British river, and is an ideal bedside book for these stressed times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fishing at it's best, 11 April 2011
I purchased The Deepening Pool for a keen angler, and he has just finished it, saying it is ''fantastic''- I asked in what way was it fantastic? the reply was ''oh, in every way- it is fishing at it's best.''
the book when it arrived was fairly small, hardbacked, and nicely printed, it looked ''old fashioned'', though ''classic'' may be a better term-I read only a few lines here and there as the book was not for me, and what i read made me want to take up angling myself.

Chris Yates also does fishing films and thase too are gentle, dreamy affairs, lovely to listen to, and a pun, ''The Rake's Progress'' caused much merriment here- I must read this book for myself, despite not having been fishing since a little girl![caught a Perch- a beautiful fish]

5.0 out of 5 stars I live in barbel less ireland but it hasn't stopped me enjoying this beautiful book. After a long day, 25 Nov. 2014
This review is from: The Deepening Pool (Hardcover)
I am not a coarse angler, however, I adore the way this man thinks and writes about angling and indeed, life. I live in barbel less ireland but it hasn't stopped me enjoying this beautiful book. After a long day, a Chris Yates book transports you to to riverbank and lakeside in seconds. Fishing is an incredible pastime, Chris yates' passion for it leaps from every page. I particularly love "time isn't money, time is life." What a fantastic outlook on life. I couldn't recommend this book highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Yates Beauty., 16 April 2015
This review is from: The Deepening Pool (Hardcover)
Just the same as all the other Chris Yates work's Brilliant & fantastic reading. 10/10 again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 Oct. 2014
great gift , great price

The Deepening Pool: Chronicle of a Compulsive Angler
The Deepening Pool: Chronicle of a Compulsive Angler by Christopher Yates (Hardcover - 8 Nov. 1990)
Used & New from: £15.99