5.0 out of 5 stars This book is thorough and complete., 7 May 1998
By A Customer
This cookbook is thorough and accurate in educating anyone on the selecting,buying, and preparing of seafood. I was well prepared after reading this cookbook to visit my seafood shop and intelligently discuss seafood with my fish monger. It allowed me to ask pertinent questions that I would not otherwise have known to ask. I was also able to judge if my fish monger was knowledgable and honest in giving me information regarding my seafood purchases. The recipes were tried and true, allowing the homecook to prepare first time dishes to perfection . I particularly like the common sense issues such as suggesting in each recipe several different types of fish which could be substituted and the author's wonderful approach to presenting the truth about fish consumption. I daresay the health police are valiantly exposed in their misrepresentation of the facts on seafood. This is a excellent book for the person who makes seafood a part of their regular menu.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is so fabulous that I have two copies!, 14 July 1998
By A Customer
The recipes are the best: simple, original, and endlessly variable. Bittman really knows his fish--I've made at least 40 recipes from this book and not a single clunker!

Fish
Fish by Mark Bittman (Paperback - 12 Jan 1999)
13.99