5.0 out of 5 stars Need to brush up on your port?, 18 Oct. 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: The Port Companion: A Connoisseur's Guide (Hardcover)
I'm relatively new to the joys of port wine, so when I saw this book I bought it immediately. I have not been disappointed. The helpful history, geography, tasting sections are relatively brief but interesting, and the review section is stellar. If you want to become an informed port consumer, buy this book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Best available book on port, 6 Jun. 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: The Port Companion: A Connoisseur's Guide (Hardcover)
I've read the german translation of this port companion. It is very helpful and well written. Very good pictures of Quintas and bottles make it a joyful read. The author gives details for wines and vintages on most quintas. Maybe he could have given more comments on vintages on some quintas, esp. the high rated ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent guide to the world of port, 22 Oct. 2000
This review is from: The Port Companion: A Connoisseur's Guide (Hardcover)
I also read the German translation of this book, and I must say I use it quite frequently to look up port companys before I buy their products. So far I can only agree to the ratings given by Mr. Spence. Looking into the book causes strong desire to drink a glass of this very special and delicious kind of wine.

The Port Companion: A Connoisseur's Guide
The Port Companion: A Connoisseur's Guide by Godfrey Spence (Hardcover - 23 Sept. 1997)
Used & New from: £1.87