5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars
great layout and text! would reommend!!
Published 1 day ago by choimiss

3.0 out of 5 stars My loss but-------
Published 5 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars My loss but-------, 19 April 2014
Reading this as a book club read. It's been a long time since I read any DH Lawrence after having to read Women in Love and The Rainbow for A level many years ago. The story is interesting (although I have to say that maybe it was the fact of the cross-class love affair rather than the sex that got people wound up) but I'm afraid that some of the passages had more than a passing resemblance to the parodies in Cold Comfort Farm-and I found that uppermost in my mind as I read-even to the level of star rating them as Stella Gibbons does. Some of the descriptive passages (both of feelings and countryside) are as thick as treacle-and almost as opaque. Maybe I was put off the author by having to dissect the two other books I mentioned but I have to say I wouldn't rush to read any others by him. Yes I know he's considered a great author and a great favourite of many and it is my loss that I find him almost unreadable in places.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Sep 2014
This review is from: Lady Chatterley's Lover (Collins Classics) (Paperback)
great layout and text! would reommend!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Heard about, 14 Jan 2014
This review is from: Lady Chatterley's Lover (Collins Classics) (Paperback)
Its all ways been held up as a bit of a joke, classic shocker but wanted to know what that was all about

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book, 3 Jan 2014
This review is from: Lady Chatterley's Lover (Collins Classics) (Paperback)
This was one of the first D. H. Lawrence books I read, and I have to say it was fantastic. This book really catches the social issues of the time and stands out as one of those fantastic books of the 20th century. Because of this book, I have pursued more of this author's work. I would strongly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars great read, 2 Jan 2014
This review is from: Lady Chatterley's Lover (Collins Classics) (Paperback)
read before when at school thought I would read again this is something I do not usually do however managed to read again good book and brill service

5.0 out of 5 stars Lady Chatterley's Lover, 17 Nov 2013
This review is from: Lady Chatterley's Lover (Collins Classics) (Paperback)
This is a powerful and gritty romance. Very easy to read and very difficult to put down - I recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars AT LAST, 29 Oct 2013
This review is from: Lady Chatterley's Lover (Collins Classics) (Paperback)
I HAVE BEEN MEANING TO READ THIS BOOK FOR YEARS, AND THANKS TO THE FUSS OVER MR GREY DECIDED TO GIVE IT A GO, WASN'T DISAPPOINTED LAWERENCE WAS CERTAINLY WAY AHEAD OF HIS TIME ,GREAT READ, NOW GOING TO MOVE ON TO MORE CLASSICS.

1.0 out of 5 stars didnt like this book, 20 Jan 2014
This review is from: Lady Chatterley's Lover (Collins Classics) (Paperback)
I didn't really enjoy this book at all, it wasn't what I was expecting at all very disappointing , .

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful writing stands the test of time, 14 Dec 2013
This review is from: Lady Chatterley's Lover (Collins Classics) (Paperback)
This novel by D. H. Lawrence has been notorious for it's explicit sexual content. Aside from that the work stands on it's own merit as a record of social history and the beautiful descriptive passages on woodland flora. These operate as motifs throughout the story. If you enjoy Lawrence's botanical writing, read his essay 'Flowery Tuscany'. Having watched the tv serialisation of this novel and found it wanting, I was relieved to find that Lawrence had written more fully rounded characters. Even though Lawrence expresses some strange ideas in 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' I enjoyed his writing style and am glad I read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased, 1 Feb 2014
This review is from: Lady Chatterley's Lover (Collins Classics) (Paperback)
Arrived very quickly and in perfect condition. I am sure the person I bought it for will be very pleased as she is always saying she hasn't read it.

Lady Chatterley's Lover (Collins Classics)
Lady Chatterley's Lover (Collins Classics) by D. H. Lawrence (Paperback - 9 May 2013)