5.0 out of 5 stars It's not the length but the message that is important
The reason i bought this book was because a famous bodybuilder called Tom Platz who was very succesfull in the late 70's through to the early 90's menetioned it. In a 1980 interview on Arnold's Total Rebuild video he considered bodybuilding to be philosophical and mentioned this book as an influence.

He said "The seagull wanted to do something artistic and out...
Published on 16 Feb 2007 by Mr. Terence Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars Self development - a Seagull's perspective!
This is a timeless fictional story about a non-conforming seagull named Jonathan Livingston Seagull. It is an unusual little book as it is a story from a seagull's point of view.

The book was written by Richard Bach (b. 1936). A former US Air Force pilot, many of his books contain flight references. The book is very short - about 100 pages - many of which...
Published on 8 Jun 2010 by Dr JOY Madden

‹ Previous | 1 2 319 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant easy uplifting read, 12 Aug 1999
By A Customer
Great book giving the feeling that you are capeable of so much more. I like to read this every now and then when the drudgery of every day work life is clouding the real reason for living.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!!, 19 April 1999
By A Customer
After I read this book, every time I saw a seagull I thought of Johnathan Livingston seagull and how even though his elders through great shame and dishonor toward him he didnt let that put him down and he still did the one thing he loved flying. Thats why I invite you to live the adventure of flight and life with Johnathan a Seagull in the wonderful book Johnathan Livingston Seagull written by Richard Bach.

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice short story, 14 Dec 1997
By A Customer
Then first time I read it I was about 12 years old. When I finished it I did not understand what the book was about. But as the years went by I started to understand the book and I felt it was worth of reading it. It did not change my life or whatsoever but a nice short story is always welcome.

5.0 out of 5 stars An incredible book - it changed my life., 7 July 1999
By A Customer
I was given this book at the age of 14 and thought it was just a story, but when I came back to it as an adult I realised that it is about so much more - about how we confine the scope of our lives with self-imposed limitations, and how every one of us has the potential to be who we are in our dreams. Read this book and learn to be limitless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fly Always., 23 Mar 2005
R. Goforth "Sir Xaph" (North East England) - See all my reviews
Jonathan Livingston Seagull is inspirational and spiritually uplifting, without being dogmatic. It's a book about knowing and finding out who you are and about learning and working hard at that. It's about love, life and flight.

5.0 out of 5 stars My sister's last flight, 19 Sep 2012
Mrs. Louise A. Black "Louise Black" (Penicuik, Midlothian.) - See all my reviews
I first read this amazingly uplifting book as a young teenager. I had always wanted to get a copy for my 14year younger bookworm sister but life dealt a dreadful blow and took her from us aged only 12 now almost 15 years ago. I read the book in the days following her death and sent the book with her to fly free on her final journey. I have recently revisited the book as now I have a 14 year old son and 12 year old daughter who I have given their own copies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Begin your journey, 24 Aug 2012
Jonathan Livingston Seagull: A story This was the first book i read on my search for the truth to life, its meaning. A must read for those looking for answers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring little book, 16 Aug 2012
This book lifts me up every time I read it. It gives me the determination to go and achieve.
It only takes about half an hour to read and it makes me smile every time I read it.
Lovely book!

4.0 out of 5 stars A Heartwarming Parable, 9 Aug 2012
Being a reader who does rather enjoy a spiritual message, this story appealed to me greatly. I read it after recommendations made to me whilst reading The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery, and am so pleased that I did.

A story is always what you make of this, but Jonathan Livingston Seagull is an inspirational tale, and even a parable, of fulfilling your dreams.

It is simultaneously heartwarming and heartbreaking. It is also rather a short read, for those of you who can't make your mind up, you have nothing to lose.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rise above the flock and live your dreams, 20 Jun 2011
Bess_Wheat - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I heard about this book years ago but just never got around to reading it. I am very glad I have. Through the metaphor of flight, the experience of Jonathan Gull teaches us to reach out for more and raise ourselves out of ignorance. Made an outcast from the rest of his flock by daring to be original, Jonathan learns that by developing his skills in flying, he can help himself and others. Each lifetime that we are given is an opportunity to learn and develop our understanding. Even if this means going against the norm and being ourselves. By expressing our true nature we can become free.

Although a very short book, it deals with some big ideas: self development, the nature of space and time and enlightenment. I certainly didn't expect those themes in a story about a seagull! Perhaps through reading this book we can be inspired to "lift ourselves out of ignorance, we can find ourselves as creatures of excellence and skill. We can be free! We can learn to fly!" Not bad for 87 pages and an hour or so of reading.

‹ Previous | 1 2 319 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa47e1f0c)

Jonathan Livingston Seagull: a story
Jonathan Livingston Seagull: a story by Richard Bach (Hardcover - 2005)
Used & New from: 0.01