Format: PaperbackChange

on 14 April 2014
I have collected all the Rachel Morgan books on my Kindle, as I know I will want to read them again and again!
on 1 April 2014
Pretty good stuff as usual from one of my favourite urban fantasy writers. Hope there's more to come! Oh yeah
on 18 December 2014
I love all these books about Rachel Morgan, they have everything one could possibly want in a fantasy story.
on 25 February 2014
To say this book is highly anticipated might just be the biggest understatement I’ve ever made. I can think of no other series where the author has led readers to such an unbearable edge of anticipation, held them there mercilessly for what seems like millennia, and made them grateful for it. It smacks of pure masochism if you ask me. I had no idea I swung that way, but apparently I’m all for it.

Of course, I’m talking about the Trent-Rachel relationship. What else? It’s quite positively the most addictive, thrilling, nail-biting storyline I’ve ever read ever in the history of ever. And since we’re only one book away from the end of this genre-changing series, it’s time for things to get serious. Isn’t it? Please? Please let it be time to get serious!

Now, you know I can’t actually tell you anything about that part of it. And really, you don’t want me to. You might be thinking you want me to, but you’re mistaken. So just put it out of your mind, ‘kay?

Okay, good.

Moving on, what else is happening in this instalment? Well, lots of things! For starters, strange bubbles of magic are cropping up all over Cincinnati, causing misfires in Inderlander’s innate magic and the spells they cast. It quickly becomes a full-scale epidemic involving the F.I.B , the I.S. and the vampires. So who better to tackle the problem than everybody’s favourite go-to girl, the glue that holds them all together, Rachel Morgan. Luckily, these days Rachel has several sidekicks on standby— none more splendiferous than the most recent addition, Trent Kalamack! And even better, she’s now developed to the point where she will actually accept people’s help gladly. Between Trent’s resources, Rachel’s tenacity, Ivy’s planning, and Jenks’...Jenksness, they’ve surely got this problem in the bag, right?

Well, maybe, maybe not. This might just be the biggest challenge Rachel and crew have ever faced. It’s not just the scale of it, but the unpredictability. How can they prevent something when they have no way of anticipating where will be hit next?

In usual Harrison fashion, the pacing of The Undead Pool is spot on. The story evolves naturally with gorgeous little interludes showcasing the beautiful friendships that have been established over the last 12 books. At this point, reading a Hollows novel is like slipping into my most comfortable jeans. It’s such a warm, delightful place to be, I never want to leave. I find myself watching the percentage on my Kindle increase with dismay. Why can’t it just last forever? I wouldn’t mind, honest! And to think there’s only one more book left...*sobs*

What will we do, guys? What will we do?!

Like the last several books in this series, The Undead Pool is an easy five star read for me, and Harrison’s place in my mind as the leader of the pack is holding firm. I predict this book will be a fan favourite, with several sections highlighted for easy reference and dog-eared from overuse. And trust me, mine will be no exception!

5 Stars ★★★★★
ARC provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
on 29 March 2014
Love this series and this instalment is as good as the others. Can't wait to see where it goes next!
on 26 August 2014
I LOVE this series. She is sassy. He is hot. They are both stubborn. Such a delicious combination.
on 14 May 2014
A great book in a long and satisfying saga. Good to see what I think we all were waiting for.
on 29 September 2015
These books are great. You can't wait to read the next one. Highly recommend this series.
on 23 October 2014
Another excellent adventure in this series, very good plot and character development
on 11 October 2015
Just a shame the series had to end, I miss the characters and their adventures.