5.0 out of 5 stars Fat, forty four and in need of a good kick up the backside
I kinda stumbled across Jason Vale after watching the film 'Fat sick and nearly dead' it was a bit of a wake up call.
I was looking for a good juice diet book on line and Mr Vale's name kept cropping up in reviews etc.
Published 5 months ago by Daren P

2.0 out of 5 stars yes of course you are going to lose 5lb in ...
yes of course you are going to lose 5lb in 5 days because your taste buds are going to be attacked. If you fancy raw turnip, green veg and carrots in your smoothie buy it - if not try another diet
Published 22 days ago by Harrassed Mum

5.0 out of 5 stars Fat, forty four and in need of a good kick up the backside, 3 Mar 2014
This review is from: 5LBs in 5 Days: The Juice Detox Diet (Paperback)
So I ordered the book from Amazon, which arrived in a couple of days, started reading it and 'POW' I got hooked. Brought a juicer and all the fruit and veg i needed and I was away.
Within the first week I lost 9lbs, I felt great and full of energy. I'm actually enjoying eating healthy food. Even bought a mountain bike which I ride to work (12 miles round journey) and go on long rides out on my days off. This book has changed my eating habits and my lifestyle. It pulls no punches and tells it how it is.
Still got a bit of a long way to go before i hit my target weight, but thanks to Jason, I am well on the way.
Thank you Jason Vale for your enthusiasm and energy, and for changing my life

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 30 Mar 2014
stripeyunited - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I like things which are achievable, and don't require an immediate all-or-nothing commitment.

Of course Jason Vale is hoping to inspire you to make permanent life changes, but this is doable by anyone who wants to re-boot.

I did this in January and I was not looking for any weightloss, but rather to get more energy to jump-start the year, as I had been feeling increasingly lethargic and unmotivated, and suffering sleepless nights and horrible hot sweats.

The writing style isn't everyone's cup of tea - but it is very Jason Vale - brimming with energy, enthusism and humour. If you need to be inspired and motivated to do a detox (and let's face it, who doesn't?) Jason's your man.

You really need to read this book cover to cover before you embark on the detox. It's the cornerstone of your planning for your detox. If you don't prepare, and plan, you won't succeed.

The book covers the benefits of juicing. It includes extensive testimonials. A 5 day plan, with 2 juices to be taken twice each day (the first and last of the day could really be described as smoothies). You get the benefits of particular ingredients explained to you (useful for keeping you going if you hate the taste of anything). You get a complete shopping list - you need an empty fridge to accommodate it all in one go, unless you have a huge fridge and/or nobody else to cater for during the 5 days.
You get 10 juice recipes for the week, as well as a ginger shot (not to everyone's taste, particularly if you really hate ginger).
There are SOS extra snacks if you can't cope with the hunger pangs - which will help you to maintain your willpower and motivation.
You get a suggested exercise program, which will help you maximise the weight loss you can expect, if that's your goal.

You will be only consuming the juices during the detox, and water, and caffeine free teas, and there is plenty of variety. That advice to "eat the rainbow" to get your nutrients? It's here in juice form!

One top tip - taper down your caffeine intake for approximately 10 days before doing the detox or you will have hellacious headaches caused by caffeine withdrawal (not fun when combined with feeling hungry on the first couple of days).

Another top tip - get the best quality juicer you can afford (if you don't have one already), and particularly make sure it's easy to use and easy to clean. If you don't want to invest until you see if juicing is for you, you can send off for the juices ready-prepared and delivered to you. It's obviously cheaper to juice yourself - and don't forget when you look at the amount of money you are spending on fresh fruit and vegetables, that's all you're eating, so you're saving the cost of everything else you would normally buy (only true if you are not catering for others who are not on the detox, admittedly).

So - I didn't weigh myself or measure myself, as I had no goal of losing weight, though I dare say I actually did.

What I did achieve was, for me, astounding. Better, deeper sleep. No hot flushes / hot sweats, at all. More energy, and after day 2 no more hunger pangs. No craving for sweet things (can't say the same for savoury things). Any cravings were easily controlled by the reminder that it's only 5 days.

Since doing the detox: I've kept up with the juicing - I regularly make a breakfast green smoothie. I've stayed caffeine-free (it's saving me a fortune at well-known coffee retailers on the high street). I'm incorporating more exercise in my daily life. I'm keeping focused on eating healthily, but not beating myself up for the odd cheeky bar of chocolate.

Whether you are looking to lose weight or simply to re-boot your health, this 5 day regime is highly recommended.

The only danger is that it could lead you to make longer-term changes to your lifestyle, to continue reaping the benefits of juicing.

5.0 out of 5 stars fab give it a go, 28 Jun 2014
Did this for five days lost five and a half Lund my husband lost nine pounds, and we both feel great, my husband had his best night sleep in a long time while doing this. I would say give it a go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!, 3 Jan 2014
D. Gresly "fatbadger" (Northampton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 5LBs in 5 Days: The Juice Detox Diet (Paperback)
Great Book. I have the paperback version of this book and what can I say!! It does what it says on the tin and so much more. I've never felt better! Thanks again Jason, another top job and perfect to fit in around my weekends!

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 13 Jan 2014
Inspiring, a great read, makes you realise it really is mind over matter :) thanks Jason can't wait to start

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent detox, 4 Feb 2014
An excellent detox and not as hard as you think it will be because of the amont of fruit and vegetables you have each day. Felt amazing afterwards.

5.0 out of 5 stars 19.5lbs lost!, 9 Feb 2014
This review is from: 5LBs in 5 Days: The Juice Detox Diet (Paperback)
This book has changed my life, I've done the 5 day plan 3 times over 4 weeks and lost 19.5lbs altogether!!! I'm a very happy customer.

5.0 out of 5 stars New lease of life, 25 May 2014
This review is from: 5LBs in 5 Days: The Juice Detox Diet (Paperback)
U feel like a new person after doing this for the 5 days hair and skin changes too!! But the energy I had with it has made me decide to juice everyday!!! The weight loss too in just 5 days is amazing and it's great u never feel hungry highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy if you're looking to boost your health., 26 Aug 2013
Jason Vale has such a great way of writing, it's as if he's chatting to you. The recipes are delicious with a break down of all the vitamins and minerals and how they'll help your body. Lots of interesting facts along the way too.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great book for a new start to healthy living!, 10 May 2014
This review is from: 5LBs in 5 Days: The Juice Detox Diet (Paperback)
Great way to detox! I did three juices a day and one light meal and felt great at the end of the week. The juices are very easy to prepare and filling.
The book is easy to read and a good way to evaluate what you eat and how it makes you feel.
I followed the exercise plan using T25 which is a 25 min exercise plan. Definately worth a look at too!
I am now following the ginger shot every morning and have a juice when I have not had my 5 a day but keeping up my exercise.
If you feel bloated and unhealthy then this could be the book for you!

5LBs in 5 Days: The Juice Detox Diet
5LBs in 5 Days: The Juice Detox Diet by Jason Vale (Paperback - 2 Jan 2014)
5.00