on 19 January 2013
We love playing scrabble especially at Christmas and other family gatherings as the game is timeless. However, old cheating habits die hard and so last Christmas I thought to buy the biggest cheat a Scrabble dictionary for her stocking so there could be no more disputes on words! When she opened it I could see a little disappointment, but when the Scrabble board came out, it in fact gave her heaps of pleasure checking on the others so they didn't get away with anything and in fact it actually worked in her favour although I would also recommend not letting one person hang on to the book as there is a tendency to quickly look for other words when you should just be looking up the one! I would add she is 30 and a teacher and still tries to pull peculiar words out of the air to try and fool us!

This is actually a really good and useful dictionary in itself anyway, but the array of 2 letter words and some help on how to get the most out of the game without necessarily creating large words to win, was also invaluable. Highly recommended if only to have less fraught family games in the future! Bargain price too!
on 8 January 2014
My sister and I are scrabble crazy and the content of book brilliant. However something seriously needs to be done to quality of these books. We are adults but however careful we are with these books they fall to pieces. I would love you to see all our books - they're all cellotaped - I presume we are meant to use them.
on 26 March 2014
Very good as both a dictionary and for playing scrabble. Amazed at the new words now accepted in the game. Very necessary book to have. My only complaint is that l expected and hoped that all the two letter words would be listed separately. They were not, so l went through the book to make my own list of over 100.
Highly recommend.
on 17 February 2014
This book is good and fun for scrabble use, but is also to my surprise, rather a good dictionary with short, pithy definitions. I tend to reach for it first now. An unexpected bonus.
on 2 February 2016
Great companion book for anyone who loves to play scrabble and for those that have really competitive games with friends/family where unsual words become the norm. The dictionary covers all words that are playable in Scrabble, although does not provide meanings for them.
on 18 October 2014
We do like to have a proper Scrabble book, even though sometimes we use an app on my phone to check a word. This book has everything you may need, incl a list of 2 and 3 letter words. It also gives you the word's meaning which is brilliant as we have often wondered what some of the more obscure ones meant. Book was not new but in as new condition, came at a fantastic price and arrived quickly.
on 20 February 2014
This was delivered within 24 hrs and has added to our family scrabble games as we're learning all the unusual words that you need to use the last few tiles and to gain extra points.

The word definitions are very limited which keeps the size compact and easy to handle but if the definitions are important then go for a larger scrabble dictionary.

It is kept with the scrabble ready for the next game!
on 26 March 2013
We use this quite a lot when playing scrabble as some words you wonder about and wouldn't find in a normal dictionary.
on 9 January 2015
Accurately described, well packed and prompt delivery. This is definitely a good dictionary for the spelling of miss spelt words, up to nine letters, as spelling is more important then meaning. One happy customer.
on 19 November 2014
Bought as a present for a friend but I sneaked a peak inside and found new things to use in the game of Scrabble. We hold a club afternoon each week and this book will aid us when struggling re letters and to win easier.