5.0 out of 5 stars A Definite for the Scrabble cheats!
We love playing scrabble especially at Christmas and other family gatherings as the game is timeless. However, old cheating habits die hard and so last Christmas I thought to buy the biggest cheat a Scrabble dictionary for her stocking so there could be no more disputes on words! When she opened it I could see a little disappointment, but when the Scrabble board came...
Published 21 months ago by Mrs. R. Treverton-Jones

2.0 out of 5 stars not the content
My sister and I are scrabble crazy and the content of book brilliant. However something seriously needs to be done to quality of these books. We are adults but however careful we are with these books they fall to pieces. I would love you to see all our books - they're all cellotaped - I presume we are meant to use them.
Published 9 months ago by Maggie

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Irreplaceable, 28 May 2014
Great price for a brilliant dictionary. Almost everything is a word it seems! Clear font and susinct definitions, perfect for settling scrabble rows.

5.0 out of 5 stars The only dictionary for Scrabble players, 24 May 2014
This review is from: Collins Scrabble Dictionary (Paperback)
I bought this for my Mum for her 88th birthday. She is an avid Scrabble player and she had an out of date (2005) dictionary, to keep herself up to date! She bought me the same dictionary for my Christmas present!

4.0 out of 5 stars Dictionary is great, 20 April 2014
This review is from: Collins Scrabble Dictionary (Paperback)
The print is a little small. The layout is good but the print could be bigger even though I realise that the number of pages will increase and also the price but it could be an option offered.

5.0 out of 5 stars scrabble dictionary, 4 April 2014
A useful tool to try and beat my son at scrabble. We both love the game. We always take the travel version on holiday

5.0 out of 5 stars unbelievable, 4 April 2014
This review is from: Collins Scrabble Dictionary (Paperback)
So many words that one can use that you would never have known before. both fun and educational. Would recommend to anyone wanting to increase their vocabulary.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pros & con, 28 Mar 2014
contents, ok
could do with a bit of explanations more;
Why just 3 stars? it'a thicker book: "breaking" it open would very soon mean dealing with flying pages, but I really don't like leafing through a half closed book....

5.0 out of 5 stars very useful for scrabble and just as a dictionary, 26 Mar 2014
This review is from: Collins Scrabble Dictionary (Paperback)
Very good as both a dictionary and for playing scrabble. Amazed at the new words now accepted in the game. Very necessary book to have. My only complaint is that l expected and hoped that all the two letter words would be listed separately. They were not, so l went through the book to make my own list of over 100.
Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quick reference book, 21 Mar 2014
This review is from: Collins Scrabble Dictionary (Paperback)
Though not sure what is the difference between that one and the Collins Word Checker. Having both means at least two people can check / look for words at the same time, so really good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stops all the arguments, 18 Mar 2014
This review is from: Collins Scrabble Dictionary (Paperback)
Really good as it a dictionary not just a list of acceptable scrabble words, so improves the mind as well as the game

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite useful but..., 2 Mar 2014
This is quite a useful list of words allowed in Scrabble games, including the lists of the (literally) tens of thousands of words that no-one has ever heard of and which quite frankly I think do not really exist. It just shows how random and nonsensical Scrabble seems to have become because when I checked some of the totally rubbish words played against me on my i-pad version, they were not to be found in this dictionary! This was the reason I bought it in the first place, to check the meanings of those words. Also, the introduction tells us that no rude words are included, so someone has made a subjective assessment on what is meant by "rude". Therefore you'll need to get a more expensive sort of dictionary to get everything. Interestingly, other makes of dictionary do not list many Scrabble words at all, which leads one to wonder if someone at Collins is employed just to make up so many strange words that Scrabble players then accept must be real and rush out to get the latest book with the latest lists. The Emperor's New Clothes comes to mind.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

Collins Scrabble Dictionary
Collins Scrabble Dictionary by Collins Dictionaries (Paperback - 15 Aug 2013)