5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm a girl and i thought this book was FANTASTIC!!!! My friend reccomended it and I loved it! I loved the fact that in the book everyone got on and accepted who people were, be they gay, straight or bisexual e.t.c! The characters were fantastic! Each with their own different quirks! It also shows the complications of relationships from the perspective of being gay,...
Published on 20 Feb 2006 by xox_xtinkerbellx_xox

3.0 out of 5 stars Bland YA gay romance set in a LGBT utopia
Paul's a sophomore at a high school in a small town where homosexuality is completely accepted by all except the most religious (including the ultra religious parents on his gay best friend Tony) and the captain of the football team is also the homecoming queen known as Infinite Darlene.

When Paul meets Noah, he knows that he's in love. But Paul's life isn't...
Published 15 months ago by I Read, Therefore I Blog

5.0 out of 5 stars Could not put it down!!!!!!!, 6 July 2005
This review is from: Boy Meets Boy (Hardcover)
What a book. A brilliantly written engageing romantic novel.
I have not been able to put this down.
Paul is gay and has been his whole life. Then he meets Noah, also gay and somthing begins between them both, but will it last.
You have to buy this book even if you aren't gay! Wow I cannot emphasise how good this book is. From beginning to end. End to beginning. Superb.
Definitly one to keep reading forever.
From the perspective of Paul it gives a great insight into the good and bad things about being Gay. Who knows maybe Levithan will be as popular s J.K. Rowling one day.
One thing to point out, if your under 15, don't be surprised if they say Urrrrgggghhhhh!! Don't be put off buy it don't leave it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Boy Meets Boy, 26 Sep 2005
Laura (Stoke, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boy Meets Boy (Hardcover)
I am a female and loved this book so much! You should definately read it. The romance of it, the humour, the surreal images left in my head and characters to fall in love with make it superb.

5.0 out of 5 stars MAGNIFICENT, 13 April 2014
This review is from: Boy Meets Boy (Paperback)
OMG #amazing I absolutely LOVED this book. I fell in love with it straight away. It was romantic, heart-felt, realistic. The dialogue at the end (I won't spoil the ending) was BRILLIANT. I thought it was a genuinely lovely story WHICH all sexualities could relate to. It's not about being gay, or straight, but about loving someone and the mistakes we make, when it comes to following our feelings, our heart and our head. I'm already on to the other books by Levithan. Feel good fantastic fiction.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the world we should live in!, 24 Mar 2014
TC (Bromsgrove, Worcs United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boy Meets Boy (Kindle Edition)
A beautifully written YA novel with much to say to adults. Teen love feels the same, regardless of gender or identity. I loved the fact that this story is set in what seems to be an ideal place where such differences don't matter much. Very cool, very well observed, very readable. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book., 21 Jan 2014
This review is from: Boy Meets Boy (Kindle Edition)
This book is now one of my favourites. It is beautifully written, heartfelt, and deals with love in an honest and open way. It's funny, but it is also serious, and it presents an often overlooked take on LGBT relationships: in doesn't spend the whole time raving about how difficult it can be, but rather allows us to experience the emotions in a less political state- truly brilliant, absorbing, comforting.

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly lovely book, 5 Jan 2014
Mrs. K. A. Wheatley "katywheatley" (Leicester, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Boy Meets Boy (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book. The premise, that the hero had not had trouble coming out, and lived in a town where being gay or straight, bi or whatever was totally acceptable, and a drag queen was also a football hero, was excellent. Instead this is a more straightforward love story, where you really get to concentrate on character and the emotions of the people rather than the whole issue of whether someone is going to come out, and if they are, what everyone is going to think. The story was very sweet. The characters were excellent and if I were in a school with older readers I would order this for the school library in a heartbeat. As it is, the material is a little too sophisticated for primary aged readers, but would be perfect for twelve and overs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Boy Meets Boy, 24 Nov 2013
This review is from: Boy Meets Boy (Kindle Edition)
When I first started reading Boy Meets Boy, I was unsure whether I was going to enjoy it or not. The world that Levithan created in this book was strange and took me a while to get used to. But when I did, I just fell in love with this book. It's so sweet and adorable.

I found Paul to be an intriguing character. Paul has been openly gay since he was very young and his parents and the people around him all accept him for who he is. He's never had any trouble adjusting or with people accepting him, which was interesting to read about. Most of the time I really liked Paul. He was a sweet, genuine, helpful character and he was looking for the love of his life. There were times that Paul was extremely naive and did some things that hurt other people which made me kind of not like him for a bit, but it was really hard not to like Paul because of how much he wants to help other people.

I really liked some of the other characters in this book too. Noah was a sweetheart and I loved him the second he and Paul met. He was adorable and such a nice guy. I loved Tony as well. Tony lives in a different town and comes from an extremely religious family who don't accept that he's gay. But I loved seeing Tony's development throughout the book and his friendship with Paul was extremely important. Infinite Darlene was a brilliant character as well. I actually thought she was pretty hilarious. Claudia was actually one of my favourite characters in this book. She could be a bitch (is it wrong to call a child a bitch? because she totally was), but she was only looking out for Noah and I thought she was really sweet.

The world David Levithan created in this novel was interesting. Paul lives in a town where everyone is accepted for who they are (there's the occasional person who makes snide remarks) and I found it to be such a refreshing world. I loved the fact that the star quarterback was a cross-dresser and was also the prom queen; that there was a special group formed to teach people how to dance and I just loved how this was all set in high school. It was like a perfect world where everyone could be whoever and whatever they wanted and they didn't get judged and I loved it. It was such a nice change from people being constantly criticized for who they are.

The romance in this book was so cute and adorable. Noah and Paul made such a sweet couple and I loved them! Noah was such a sweetheart and showed up with flowers for Paul when he came over to his house (how cute is that?!) and I was smiling every time they were together because they were so adorable.

The ending was perfect and sweet and it even brought a tear to my eye. I loved seeing this world from Paul's POV and I just adored this book.

Overall, if you're looking for a light, cute and adorable read then I definitely recommend Boy Meets Boy. It's one of the sweetest books I've read this year and I'll always remember it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 6 Nov 2013
K. L. Beeden (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boy Meets Boy (Paperback)
Paul is gay. He has been open and honest about it his whole life, and is fortunate enough to live in a community where people of all sexual orientations are accepted. He's had relationships before, but this time it's different. Falling in love changes everything...

I loved this book. I know I am going to fawn all over it and probably appear really annoyingly overkeen, but I can't help it. There aren't enough books out there that encapsulate how it truly feels to fall in love for the first time-that acute pain, the overwhelming longing, the desire to please. There certainly aren't enough books out there aimed at a YA audience which deal with being gay as beautifully as Boy Meets Boy does. David Levithan is going to become a cult author with teens if this is anything to go by. A lesson in acceptance and being true to yourself, Boy meets Boy is a school drama about friendship and love. It is heartfelt and touching, and beautifully portrays the developments in the relationship between Paul and Noah.

It does come across as idealistic, when in our world there is (unfortunately) still not the level of acceptance of diversity that there is in this book. But for anyone out there who believes a same sex relationship is incapable of igniting the same feelings as a heterosexual relationship I recommend they read this book, then they'll understand that isn't the case.

Finally, if you are an adult, don't be put off because this is marketed for teens. It has potential to be a crossover hit too.

Wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 27 Oct 2013
This review is from: Boy Meets Boy (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book. It is such an easy read and you get lost in the characters very early on, so you cannot put the book down until you are done.

Very well written.

5.0 out of 5 stars really enjoyed, 24 Oct 2013
This review is from: Boy Meets Boy (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed this book, to be honest I was a gutted when it ended I wanted to carry on reading.

ARRAY(0xad57cb7c)

Boy Meets Boy
Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan (Paperback - 1 Aug 2013)
5.59