Format: Hardcover|Change

on 1 December 2013
As a fan of Tyrion, and as one who has read all five of George R R Martin's "Song of Ice and Fire" publications, i expected rather more from a book with this title than a single quote per page, and mostly short quotes at that in a limited sample of his host of one-liners. In short, and with apologies, i couldn't help feeling that i had been taken advantage of.
on 5 December 2013
I got this as a Christmas present for my Dad as we both lived the books and series, and Tyrion Lannister is one our favourite characters. I have "quality controlled" the book before giving it to him (I know I shouldn't have read it but couldn't resist!) and it's very disappointing!
One short quote per page! Really? It took me precisely 7 minutes to read. However, it is presented well with nice illustrations but wish I'd waited til New Year when loads had been donated to charity shops.
on 14 November 2013
I love the GOT books and series - I thought this would be full of Tyrion's witticism ...but unfortunately the substance isn't there - a bit disappointed really.
on 29 November 2013
A compact book just like the subject. I enjoyed Tyrion in all the Game of Thrones books and laughed out loud at many of his observations. The TV series is also not a disappointment, the actor is just as I imagined Tyrion. In this little offering some of the wit is out of context and is clearly just padding. Not worth the money, unless you are the one cashing in LOL.
on 9 June 2014
This book is over priced by about £3 . It only contains one line per page and is only 100 paged long.
Read the books and get all of these sayings and others .
This book will not tell you anything about Tyrion you did not already know if you have read the books like i thought it might have done.
on 12 January 2014
Money making sell out. This book has 1 line per page, just quotes from the other books. What a waste of money. Wish I had read the other reviews before I bought it
on 13 November 2013
"The Wit & Wisdom of Tyrion Lannister" is a nice-looking little hardback to own and skim through every now and then, and, being a huge fan of ASoIaF *and* Tyrion in particular, I probably would have bought it no matter what, but a few things bugged me:

1) Some of Tyrion's best quotes are actually not in here;
2) On the other hand, a few completely irrelevant, commonplace quotes, that are neither that witty nor that wise, *are* in here;
3) Dialogue was never added, even where it might have been important for context, which, in my opinion, is a significant loss (and is probably what prevented some of Tyrion's best quotes that depended on dialogue from being added, too);
4) There are absolutely no references as to which book each quote is from, which might have been a nice touch for organization issues.

(Also, as other reviewers have said, it does not make much sense to put out a book like this while the series is ongoing and the character is still alive, but that's beside the point.)

Overall, and while I always knew this would be nothing but a money-maker, I still expected a *better* money-maker; at the very least, something with better selection criteria and organization. This feels almost carelessly made.

Oh well, still a nice-looking extra if you're a huge -- really huge -- fan.
on 30 July 2014
This is a waste of money - it took me all of 5 minutes to read the whole book as there is 1 quote per page.
on 18 December 2013
Not as funny as I hoped it would be, I find the wit of Tyrion Lannister in the books and tv series absolutely brilliant but it didn't seem to come over quite so funny. Sorry about that review but it is only my personal opinion.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 12 November 2013
Please click on the look inside button. You may get some idea of what you are buying. Its not new content, its a collection of random Imp-quotes.

Dont get this as a gift for anyone else. If they are fanatical enough about ASOIAF to want this book, they will have it already. They may even have several copies in case one gets water damaged. Anyone else you give it to will be very, very disappointed in your choice of gift.