4.0 out of 5 stars Good but maybe for die hard Tyrion Fans only (like me!)
Published by Harper Voyager - 7th November 2013
I purchased this copy myself

Following his amazing trial on tv on Sunday or Monday night depending on where you live, I thought today I would pay tribute to the biggest silver tongued bad assed dwarf around, yes that's right please stand up for Tyrion Lannister.

I make no secret of love of Game of...
Published 12 months ago by hross42877

3.0 out of 5 stars A tad disappointing
I got this as a Christmas present for my Dad as we both lived the books and series, and Tyrion Lannister is one our favourite characters. I have "quality controlled" the book before giving it to him (I know I shouldn't have read it but couldn't resist!) and it's very disappointing!
Published 17 months ago by Dolly Sparkle

3.0 out of 5 stars A tad disappointing, 5 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Wit & Wisdom of Tyrion Lannister (Hardcover)
One short quote per page! Really? It took me precisely 7 minutes to read. However, it is presented well with nice illustrations but wish I'd waited til New Year when loads had been donated to charity shops.

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't quite do what it says on the tin., 1 Dec. 2013
J. W. Platt "Author of the Book" (The Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Wit & Wisdom of Tyrion Lannister (Hardcover)
As a fan of Tyrion, and as one who has read all five of George R R Martin's "Song of Ice and Fire" publications, i expected rather more from a book with this title than a single quote per page, and mostly short quotes at that in a limited sample of his host of one-liners. In short, and with apologies, i couldn't help feeling that i had been taken advantage of.

3.0 out of 5 stars looks great...but not much to it, 14 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Wit & Wisdom of Tyrion Lannister (Hardcover)
I love the GOT books and series - I thought this would be full of Tyrion's witticism ...but unfortunately the substance isn't there - a bit disappointed really.

3.0 out of 5 stars Prefer my own adapted book, 2 Oct. 2014
This review is from: The Wit & Wisdom of Tyrion Lannister (Hardcover)
This little book is ok I suppose-I confess to have bought it much cheaper than the on line price-and as some reviewers have said there are some 'good' quotes and some 'poor' quotes and some even better ones are not even there. The illustrations are pretty repulsive-NOT the Tyrion we have come to know and love from the TV shows. So, I decided to improve my copy. I have covered over the drawings with photographs of Tyrion from the TV show (The cover remains a problem which I'm working on). I have also written in many more better additional quotes that have been omitted (lets face it there is plenty of page space to do this) Result???? My own personal little book, better illustrated and more relevant to me. Would not have wanted to pay full price for what is essentially a money spinner for George RRM, who would surely be better engaged actually writing another book than getting involved in all the attendant publicity surrounding the series?

1.0 out of 5 stars A real money spinner, 29 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Wit & Wisdom of Tyrion Lannister (Hardcover)
A compact book just like the subject. I enjoyed Tyrion in all the Game of Thrones books and laughed out loud at many of his observations. The TV series is also not a disappointment, the actor is just as I imagined Tyrion. In this little offering some of the wit is out of context and is clearly just padding. Not worth the money, unless you are the one cashing in LOL.

2.0 out of 5 stars Feels almost carelessly made, 13 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Wit & Wisdom of Tyrion Lannister (Hardcover)
"The Wit & Wisdom of Tyrion Lannister" is a nice-looking little hardback to own and skim through every now and then, and, being a huge fan of ASoIaF *and* Tyrion in particular, I probably would have bought it no matter what, but a few things bugged me:

1) Some of Tyrion's best quotes are actually not in here;
2) On the other hand, a few completely irrelevant, commonplace quotes, that are neither that witty nor that wise, *are* in here;
3) Dialogue was never added, even where it might have been important for context, which, in my opinion, is a significant loss (and is probably what prevented some of Tyrion's best quotes that depended on dialogue from being added, too);
4) There are absolutely no references as to which book each quote is from, which might have been a nice touch for organization issues.

(Also, as other reviewers have said, it does not make much sense to put out a book like this while the series is ongoing and the character is still alive, but that's beside the point.)

Overall, and while I always knew this would be nothing but a money-maker, I still expected a *better* money-maker; at the very least, something with better selection criteria and organization. This feels almost carelessly made.

Oh well, still a nice-looking extra if you're a huge -- really huge -- fan.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful awful awful, 12 Jan. 2014
Money making sell out. This book has 1 line per page, just quotes from the other books. What a waste of money. Wish I had read the other reviews before I bought it

1.0 out of 5 stars The wit & wisdom of Tyrion Lannister, 9 Jun. 2014
This book is over priced by about £3 . It only contains one line per page and is only 100 paged long.
Read the books and get all of these sayings and others .
This book will not tell you anything about Tyrion you did not already know if you have read the books like i thought it might have done.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Wit and Wisdom of Tyrion Lannister, 18 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Wit & Wisdom of Tyrion Lannister (Hardcover)
Not as funny as I hoped it would be, I find the wit of Tyrion Lannister in the books and tv series absolutely brilliant but it didn't seem to come over quite so funny. Sorry about that review but it is only my personal opinion.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but maybe for die hard Tyrion Fans only (like me!), 14 May 2014
Published by Harper Voyager - 7th November 2013
I purchased this copy myself

I make no secret of love of Game of Thrones, not since the Lord of the Rings has a book knocked me truly for six. As readers of this awesome epic know it has everything - family drama, sex, violence, supernatural, dragons, icy zombies and a totally massive cast of characters.

Tyrion has to be one of, if not, my favourite character from the series, yes I am partial to Jon "Bastard" Snow, Yara Greyjoy is also a favourite, I could name a few more, but whenever he appears on the page or on screen I know it's going to be good.

The Wit and Wisdom of Tyrion Lannister is exactly what it says on the tin, it is a collection of his quotes from the book, separated in to different categories such as Romance, Family Values and Food & Drink.

This is by no means a long book, each page has either a few sentences or an illustration of the man himself but each sentence reminds us of his silver or his poisoned tongue depending on the circumstance.

I would say this is a book for the more die hard Game of Thrones fan, as yes you could just get the information in this book straight from the books but I truly think he is one of the most popular figures from the series and he has all the best lines so yes I think he deserves this!

I am going to give this 4 out of 5

The Wit & Wisdom of Tyrion Lannister
The Wit & Wisdom of Tyrion Lannister by George R. R. Martin (Hardcover - 7 Nov. 2013)