4.0 out of 5 stars Harrowing, horrific, captivating and inspiring
Published 13 months ago by Hells-Bells

3.0 out of 5 stars A disturbing account of the lives of two children
An honest and frightning account of the story of how two young children coped with living with their step father. I found it quite disturbing how one person could manipulate and destroy a family and everyone in contact with them. An interesting read.
Published 11 months ago by Ms J

4.0 out of 5 stars Harrowing, horrific, captivating and inspiring, 14 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Stolen Voices (Paperback)
As a relative of Terrie and Paul, I bought this book having only recently learned a little of what they had suffered. That did not prepare me for the reality of the abuse and hell they endured. The details of the abuse is without a doubt shocking, as is the realisation that many people had the opportunity to help them and simply did nothing. I urge everyone to read it and guarantee that whilst you will be horrified, you also will come away from the book amazed at the strength, courage and lack of self-pity displayed by both Terrie and Paul. They have come through an experience that would have broken most people with grace, dignity and, perhaps surprisingly, humour.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extraordinary, 25 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Stolen Voices (Paperback)
This book should be required reading for all teachers, social workers, police and anyone working with children. There were so many missed chances to help these children who were the victims of a dangerous, manipulative man who knew how to present a respectable face to the outside world. Appalling to read how Paul Duckett found the courage to speak out and was then handed back to the sadist who was abusing him and his sister!

These brave children have gone on to find their voices and this book will help many others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stolen Voices, 8 April 2014
This review is from: Stolen Voices (Paperback)
Once I received this book I couldn't put it down, took me just a day to read. It was so well written that I could really simpathize with Terrie & Paul Duckett as my childhood was very similar. The only thing that I couldn't really understand fully was why you forgave your mum, I can understand that she was controlled & made to believe certain things but I cannot get my head around why she let certain things happen..

My mother is very similar to your mother. I think the only thing that may be different is that your mother cared for you & worked hard to provide for you even though he took that that away, she even tried to stop things happening which my mother never did, nor did she work, she let my step father take over completely. So in that sense I can understand why you forgave her but some things I just can't.

I would be interested in asking you that question as it has made me try to think from my mothers prospective but still I'm not sure if I could forgive her.

You are an inperasion & very brave. You both have done so well to get where you are today. I wish you all the luck in the world.

My email is ilovetrina@hotmail.co.uk I would be really interested in taking with you.

5.0 out of 5 stars What an incredible book, you have to buy this, 14 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Stolen Voices (Paperback)
I have never read a book like it, it's simply jaw dropping omfg material. The book is a cover to cover read, it's simply not possible to put it down, it has you hooked from the start. Incredible

I bought this book and also on kindle, so i can read it again. I was hooked after just a few pages. The book left me simply speechless, i will be telling everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart wrenching, 14 April 2014
This review is from: Stolen Voices (Paperback)
if you like true/real life stories then you must read this........I brought this book As its a family and also friends mum and uncle. I have never met Paul or Terrie as of yet. But i can say this they are so brave and strong physically and mentally, for what that man put them both through, they fought together an over come it all together and strong and kept there bond! This book is so heart wrenching, if you like true/real life stories then you must read this it will tug at your heart strings, but you will see that knowing that you are not alone can help you over come it all. Best wishes Terrie and Paul x

5.0 out of 5 stars shocked, 12 Jun. 2014
Theresa "Tezza" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stolen Voices (Kindle Edition)
i was shocked shocked to think u allow a man to come into ur home and let him time ur kids showering eating count what they eat punish them sexually abuse and u dont notice changes in behavour.sorry but if i had been these kids i dont think id have forgiven my mother.seen them on this morning great to see they now have a good happy life and to see the vile step dad got what he deserves. but to think she reported it to teachers and its turned around shes got the problems. the abuse was horror.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping from cover to cover!, 4 May 2014
This review is from: Stolen Voices (Paperback)
A book has to grip me right from the start as I'm not a big reader, but by golly this one certainly has! It's so well written, alternating through the eyes of each of the two children - graphically in places, but then it needs to be for the reader to really FEEL what these poor kids were put through. And you certainly do feel for them.
I'm a little over half way through the book at the moment and I've been struggling to put it down!

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye opener, 20 April 2014
This review is from: Stolen Voices (Kindle Edition)
I couldn't put the book down, continued reading hoping for the end of the horrendous abuse. What strong brave children. Very well written, and coming from Northampton myself, even attending the same school, (apparent from some of the teachers names) makes it somehow even more awful to know that this can go on so close to home.
Congratulations to Terrie and Paul for making it through and fighting all the way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Poor Kids BY OMG, 25 April 2014
This review is from: Stolen Voices (Kindle Edition)
So hard to believe these poor kids had to suffer so much in there young lives. The support you gave each other in what should have been your childhood years stollen away by a vile and abusive man. Shame shame on him. But a must read for everyone to always check double check and triple check when a child shows signs of abuse.

4.0 out of 5 stars Harrowing story, 23 April 2014
This review is from: Stolen Voices (Kindle Edition)
Very well written about true life an awful childhood this brother and sister suffered and how they got through it

Stolen Voices
Stolen Voices by Paul Duckett (Paperback - 13 Mar. 2014)