Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 September 2013
I am so pleased that Cathy and Lucy decided to publish there very moving and personal story , as a book on its own merit is a fantastic read and very well written but those of us that are fans of this very special writer it's an amazing privilege to share this magical story , thank you to you both for sharing this beautiful book x
on 19 September 2013
this book was good it brought tears to my eyes , cant belive lucy went through so much in the beginning of her little life . im so glad she has a better life now with cathy & her family , cant wait for cathy next book to come out .
on 17 September 2013
This story is about Cathy's daughter Lucy and I know myself and many others have wondered about her story & this book shares it. Thank to Lucy for allowing Cathy to do so. Yet another amazing book by Cathy and I look forward to more even though they always make me cry and then happy towards the end. I am obsessed and have all the stories :D
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 12 September 2013
Lucy is the daughter of Bonnie and Vince who is of Thai extraction. Vince leaves Bonnie who spirals downwards into rough living taking Lucy with her. After a succession of Step-dads, uncles and aunts, the abused Lucy is passed pillar to post by a well-meaning social services department. Lucy is left damaged, mentally and physically. She has no stability in her life, is distrustful and has an eating disorder. Her only friend is Sammy, an observant schoolboy, who sees the predicament Lucy is in and tells the teacher, Mrs Bridges about his concerns to little avail.

Enter Cathy Glass. Her social worker Julie asks Cathy to take Lucy in. Her response is as usual 'yes'. Lucy understandably is reticent about her new surroundings and wonders where she will be sent next. Cathy and her children Adrian and Paula are pillars of understanding and help. Gradually, Lucy, not without difficulty, realises love and genuine affection surround her. She feels part of a family. What happens next is up to the authorities and a bureaucratic tug-of-war to reach the common-sense and obvious solution to Lucy's long-term care.

Cathy Glass has written another winner. There are differences from recent books in that the fringe elements concerning care and depth intelligence are more emphasised, not surprising in view of recent media events. At the centre of all this is the carer, Cathy, who remains passionate about the children in her charge. Heart-rending and written by an expert; engaging, 'unputdownable' and excellent.
on 4 October 2013
I chose this rating as I found it a very compelling read that I could not put down and did not want to finish
on 3 October 2013
ANOTHER GREAT BOOK FROM A GREAT AUTHOR AND FOSTER MUM ANYONE WHO HAS EVER BEEN IN FOSTER CARE PLEASE READ HER BOOKS YOU WILL DEFINITELY NOT BE ABLE TO PUT IT DOWN
I have currently read all the books by Cathy Glass except "Happy Adults/Happy Kids/ & Happy Mealtimes", and found her to be an excellent author, recounting the stories of children she has fostered.

"Will you love me?" is that bit different, because Cathy not only fosters Lucy, but in the end adopts her. I think out of all the books, this is the one I have most enjoyed.

Cathy is an exceptional person, as it takes someone very, very special to take on fostering children who have been so let down in life by their blood family. Lucy is one such little girl and Cathy is the very special person to love and care for her and to welcome her permanently into her family.

The story starts with Bonnie, Lucy's birth mother, working in a launderette. Not a good well paid job, anything but, however to Bonnie the job was important because it provided her somewhere to live with her baby. Somewhere to live is an overstatement because i would not even want my dogs living there, but being there, means that Bonnie and baby Lucy are not sleeping rough or squatting.

Bonnie has not been a loved or cherished young person but in her own way she does love baby Lucy, and although the 'care' she gives to her baby is not really care, it is the best that Bonnie can do. Even though thinks are far from good, this night they get worse. Bonnie has to up sticks with her baby and leave. She is now running scared and is really, really desperate but she is not able to trust anyone so she just has to rely on her own wits.

I am not going to tell you all about the story because it really does spoil it for the reader it the plot and content are all written here in a review. The reader will travel on the journey with Bonnie and baby Lucy and then just be following Lucy and the struggles she has in settling down into foster care with Cathy and her children Adrian and Paula.

You will not be able to put this book down and you will be full of admiration for Cathy. You will be horrified at the failings at that time of Social Services, and I think you will feel sorry for Bonnie, Lucy's young mother. Most of all you will be happy, very happy for Lucy.

I thoroughly recommend this book - it is just brilliant!
on 16 September 2013
Cathy never fails to makes me feel like I am there with her. I was there when she dealt with Jodie's behaviour, I was there as she comforted Alice, I was there as she felt Tayo's excitement at living with his dad.
In every book I have read by Cathy, I have felt completely sucked in and by the time I put down the book, if I can manage that at all, hours have passed.
Lucy's story is no exception.
I loved the fact that it started from the very beginning of Lucy's life, you understand all of what happened to her. Something we've never been able to have from one of Cathy's books before.
Despite already knowing the ending, obviously Lucy is mentioned in other books, the book still had me captivated and i still laughed and cried with it.
I adored this book, as I adore all of Cathy's books, and I can't wait to read it again!
I'd definitely suggest this to everyone!
on 17 September 2013
This is the first book I've reviewed, simply because I believe it's worth doing so. I was overwhelmed in hearing Lucy's story, and I was moved to tears with her innocent comments.Having read all of Cathy Glass' books, I had high expectations of this book, and they were fulfilled! I recommend this book to anybody, and highly recommend you to read Cathy Glass' other books of the children she's fostered, if you haven't already done so!
on 18 September 2013
Congrats Cathy you done it again you have wrote yet another wonderful book. I couldn't put it down. So looking forward to your new book.