5.0 out of 5 stars great read
Published 7 months ago by tracey

3.0 out of 5 stars good read but not sure all true!?
Ok to read for a bit of escapism but some stories are a bit far fetched. Also he likes to get on his soap box a bit too often for my liking, I mean it is good to hear the views of a Dr but it is a bit too frequent for me. Also, told the reader a few times what a good Dr he was and came across but self righteous at times, that said bits were funny and well written. Would...
Published 1 day ago by T. A. Briant

5.0 out of 5 stars great read, 15 Jan 2014
ive got the first one of Benjamins books, and was pleased that a second one has been written. certainly not disappointed! i love the fact that each chapter isn't too long, and is easily put down/picked up again. some bits make me chuckle, some are sad. definitely highlights what happens within the nhs that people just do not realise, and the effects it has on GP's on lives.

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 12 Jan 2014
This book is very readable and entertaining. I enjoyed it even more than the author's previous book. Wouldn't you like to have Dr Daniels as your GP?

4.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable insight, warmly told., 25 May 2014
Julie (South Africa) - See all my reviews
Just as enjoyable as the first book, Ben's humility and candor bring warmth to each interlude he describes. Told in brief chapters it rather feels like a series of the 10 minute slots he sees every day. Anyone considering becoming a GP should definitely read this, but the glamour-stripped insight is valuable to non-medics alike, especially if you use any NHS services. I like that he champions the NHS without being defensive or blindsided to its failings. But then that's what you'd expect once you get to know his "common sense" outlook. Buy it, read it, then be polite and succinct in your next GP appointment!

5.0 out of 5 stars More Experiences from Dr Benjamin Daniels, 19 Jan 2014
ACB (swansea) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This is an honest account of a doctor's experiences from a medical student to junior doctor, working abroad and in Accident and Emergency (A&E) alongside his main practice as a GP. He writes fluently in an almost effortless easy-to-read style. Most of the content deals with encounters with patients that will be familiar to the medical profession varying from the grateful to the difficult to the impossible. Ben Davies deals with them all with care, compassion, conscience and to the best of his ability, knowing there will be inevitable blips. There is happiness, sadness, grief and much humour contained in this book. The author's opinions on bureaucratic changes imposed on General Practices, the NHS, targets, consultation times and criticism of nurses are aired in a balanced way during the 'confessions'.

As someone who worked his way up the medical ladder but ended on the hospital side rather than General Practice, I can vouch for the authenticity of the author's encounters as I and many others have had similar experiences to deal with. This is a well-written, thoughtful and humorous book that is a marvellous read and emphasises the doctor-patient human relationship with trust at the forefront. Excellent, highly entertaining and recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars yet another brilliant book, 15 Jan 2014
Ben Daniels whoever you are! I love you! Your books are eye opening, funny, shocking, sad ... A spectrum of emotion!! I just hope your not my gp don't really want to recognize myself in volume 3!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 4 Jan 2014
Insightful and witty, this book was as enjoyable as the first. I was really excited when I realised Dr Ben had gifted us another book and I was not disappointed in the slightest!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great 2nd installment, 26 Dec 2013
Mrs. Julie Holt "Julie Haigh" (West Yorkshire UK) - See all my reviews
I read the first 'Confessions of a GP' quite a while ago and really enjoyed it and this spurred me on to read many more of this sort of book eg.' Confessions of a Male Nurse', 'Sirens'('Blood Sweat and a cup of Tea' and 'More Blood, More Sweat and Another Cup of Tea' in one volume). I read this as soon as it was released and I wasn't disappointed. It was every bit as good, if not better, than his original book. I was surprised to see there's 327 pages because it felt to really whizz along, I thought it was a short book, so time does fly when you're enjoying yourself/enjoying the reading! It isn't too technical for the average person to follow but you actually do learn a lot. There are sad stories and humorous tales. Really well done and interesting reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Had me laughing out loud and the feel good factor from reading it lasted for days, 13 Aug 2014
T. B. Holtz "MOB" (UK) - See all my reviews
A tremendously witty and informative book. Had me laughing out loud and the feel good factor from reading it lasted for days. This tome makes you realise how fallible your health really is when you fail to take responsibility for your own lifestyle choices and then expect doctors and the NHS to deliver the majic bullet to make things right again. Should be stored in every GP practice as essential reading and no doubt could be a game changer for those of us who need nudging in the right directionto a healthier lifestyle. If Ben wrote diet and exercise books with his witty style it would be a best seller and who doesn't want to feel laughter when undertaking a new regime as most of us get low just thinking about the effort involved. I loved both his books and have embarked on a healthier regime ax a result of reading this inspirational book. I am sick of carrying my menopausal belly around in a wheelbarrow so time to loose that and my wobbly lardybutt too. A great read, buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars heart warming, 26 April 2014
I loved this from start to finish and as a nurse can relate to many of the scenarios. The short chapters make the book perfect for people with only a few minutes to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Was so glad when I found out Benjamin Daniels had bought out another book, 21 April 2014
I preordered it as I found his first book very funny and tearful at times which all good books should be. I found the second one just as enjoyable if not more so than the first one.

Further Confessions of a GP (The Confessions Series)
Further Confessions of a GP (The Confessions Series) by Benjamin Daniels (Paperback - 16 Jan 2014)
5.59