on 7 October 2013
A lovely book with great pictures.....Lady Mary looks lovelier than ever lol Purchased this on 1st October when Amazon were selling it at £3.49....what a bargain. Would still buy at full price. Nice inside stories too.
on 30 November 2013
Bought for a fan of the series, this book is lovely. Goes behind the scenes at downton abbey. Great detail and beautiful pictures. Even though I have never watched the show, I enjoyed looking through the book, so much work goes into getting everything perfect. This book would make any fan happy
on 16 October 2013
Interesting backstage behind the scenes of the phenomenon that is Downton Abbey. Loved the colour photos and the behind the scenes snippets of information from cast and crew.
on 12 October 2013
It's extremely interesting and attractively presented.
The colour pics are terrific
I would recommend to any fan of Downton Abbey
on 1 December 2013
An excellent companion to the series with interesting additions and anecdotes, it makes the programme much more enjoyable and informative.
on 14 October 2013
I really enjoyed this book. Since we have to wait so long to see Downton in the U. S., it helps keep the excitement under control. lol
on 3 April 2015
This is a long and detailed account of how Downton Abbey is put together, the challenges, the tricks of the trade and, especially, the attention to detail. I suspect that it could serve as a model description of how any costume drama is put together for TV. There are many illustrations: some rather tend to destroy the illusion, e.g. Lady Mary's frocks seem closer to upholstery; whilst others the reverse, e.g. a most impressive line up of Carson and the footmen. The book covers a remarkable range of subjects including such essentials as the manufacture of a reproduction 1920's menu or the supply of period vehicles sometimes complete with owner/driver. Overall a relaxing and enjoyable read. Ideal for bedtime.
on 15 October 2013
I love this book so much that I bought 2; one for me and one for my daughter-in-law. Anything Downton is wonderful, well done and much anticipated. Thank you so much for offering it. It will last until I get my Year 4 dvd from you in November!
on 28 November 2013
This is a great read worth every penny !! If you are a fan of the program this is a must buy
on 18 January 2014
Lovely book with much information and beautiful photos of what goes on behind the scenes to create this fantastic series. My one disappointment is I couldn't find any information about the property used for the Dower House - Violet's home. Many of the other locations are described in detail and I was surprised to learn that interiors and exteriors sometimes belong to two different properties but the one that has always interested me - Violet's residence - does not appear to be covered. Having said all that, it is a book I will return to again and again and would recommend to any Downton fan.