‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Enthralling story, great characters, 8 Nov 2012
M. Burgess "Mark Burgess" (South West England) - See all my reviews
In this exciting novel Ms Finch builds a convincing world that is in between life and death. The Brotherhood was formed during the dark days of the Reformation to hold back evil spirits plotting to take over the land of the living. But Adam is a twenty-first century boy who finds that D'Scover, and the Brotherhood, have high hopes for the help he can give them. Not only has Ms Finch created a page-turning narrative but also some especially memorable characters; Adam, D'Scover and Eddie are three characters I would happily spend time with again. This is an enthralling and throroughly enjoyable debut and I look forward to reading more from this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping to the Last, 20 Nov 2012
I loved this book. I found the characters Adam and Edie endearing and D'Scover enigmatic. The book was well researched and written in a way that draws you into the different places, both now and in the past and into the unknown. A great debut and hope to see more from this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars When is the next one out?????, 9 Nov 2012
Really enjoyed this spooky story. Started reading it on the recommendation of a friend and couldn't put it down. My only disappointment was that I wanted more. Does anyone know if a follow up is due?

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting storyline, great atmosphere and characters!, 27 Nov 2012
Now I'm not a great fiction reader, normally read Biographies, History etc, but Brotherhood of Shades had me hooked from the first chapter. I loved the characters, D'Scover, Adam & Edie. The plot kept me enthralled throughout, right up to the climactic ending. I thought that the use of actual historical events & places in the plot gave it some useful reference points that one could use to maintain a degree of realism within this excellent adventure.
A fantastic debut from Ms Finch and I look forward to reading the follow up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put my kindle down, 14 Nov 2012
This book had me hooked from the start and kept me wondering what would happen next. I can't wait for the next book from this author. A sequel perhaps?

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good read, 8 Nov 2012
My 11 year-old could not put it down, and I sneaked a peek & ended up unable to leave it unfinished too

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting take on ghost stories, 29 Mar 2013
Very well written and interesting book can't wait for a sequel. Love the parts where they move back in time and back to the present almost feel you are there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 16 Mar 2013
J. McNeill (London) - See all my reviews
This book gripped me from the start. A very enjoyable read that i would thoroughly recommend. Looking forward to the next one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Debut novel, 4 Dec 2012
An excellent well researched ghost story with plenty of twists and turns to keep the reader wondering what will happen next.The characters and settings were very descriptive with a good use of the English language which should inspire young people in their future creative writing. I particularly enjoyed reading about many of the places described in the book and where I could go to visit them. Hopefully a sequel is in the offing.I have raved about this book to my family and several members are now reading and enjoying it. Well done to Dawn Finch on her debut novel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book!, 22 Oct 2012
The Brotherhood of Shades is a wonderful book that I have been unable to put down. It is historically fascinating with a ghost story wrapped within real events.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Brotherhood of Shades
Brotherhood of Shades by Dawn Finch (Paperback - 26 Sep 2013)
5.41