Published on 25 Mar. 2013 by Mel

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me
Published 10 months ago by Stacie @ Beautiful Bookish But...

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 30 May 2014
This review is from: The Edge of Never (Kindle Edition)
When I first decided to read this book, I didn't exactly know what I would be getting myself into, a lot of the reviews I've read either loved it or hated it, not many were in between. I however am, at the start of the book I hated it. I really disliked the characters and the setting, the only thing I liked about it from the off was Damon, and even after a while I started to hate him (with obvious reason)

Camryn and her best friend Natalie have an argument after a night out, a night that Camryn was forced into. And feeling like the world is resting on her shoulders she decided to get away for a while. Cue her getting a bus tickets to no where in particular, just taking it one day at a time. At first I thought she was really stupid, and I really didn't like the idea of it being a 'live for the moment' type of book considering how much I disliked the beginning, but then she meets Andrew and I know longer cared, because I was transfixed with him from the start.

Andrew Parrish is on a bus journey of his own, and upon seeing a sleezy man staring at what he thinks is an under age Camryn, he sparks up conversation in hopes to protect her, at least until wherever she is going.
Camryn and Andrew have a love hate relationship, they banter and joke and its a purely platonic friendship, at least for the start. Andrew decides that despite his responsibility and the reason that brought him on his journey in the first place, he wouldn't be happy leaving Camryn alone. Thus leads them to travelling together and what not.

Like I've already said, I didn't like the beginning, but the middle really grew on my and I love Andrew's and Camryn's relationship, there was times I thought it was highly annoying though but for the most part I liked it.
But I didn't like the end, I know its stupid, but I really think that could have been another book instead of being squeezed into a few chapters, and there was other parts about this book that I just didn't get, so that's why the rating is so low. because despite liking this middle, I still hated the start and a lot of things.
(in truth, the only reason is gets a 2.5 is because of Andrew haha)

I don't know exactly who I would recommend this book for, and that's hard because I always know, but I would say for people who are just looking for an easy read and can take things with a pinch of salt. Despite its rating, I would most likely read it again so it wasn't all that bad.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE FIRST BOOK I HAVE EVER FELT STRONGLY ENOUGH ABOUT TO WRITE A REVIEW!, 25 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Edge of Never (Kindle Edition)
It's the early hours of Monday morning as I write this review...I had to check that, cos this book pretty much left me with the definite sensation of not knowing whether I was on my head or my ar**, let alone what day it is! I don't quite feel like I've "been s*** on by Satan himself", (funnyas!)...but not far off, I have to say! Talk about emotional wringer! Do yourself a favour, and set yourself a day aside to read this book uninterrupted...you'll have to because you won't be able to put it down...the clue is in the fact that I'm writing this at stupid O'Clock. Also make sure that you have internet access, so you can YouTube the songs...Laugh? Cry? I nearly died! ...you'll understand when you've read it, I promise :-) Oh and a box of tissues would be advisable!
I don't want to add any spoilers to the review and don't want to waffle too much...she says wafflin like a waffley thing in a waffle house! Hee! :-) I don't think anything I can say would really do it justice, but what I would like to say, is that this author has definitely been there. She is nothing short of brilliant. Her articulation of an intensity of feeling, that not everybody is lucky enough to experience in a lifetime, is in my opinion, spectacularly spot on.
JUST READ IT!!!!
P.S. I am now a Civil Wars convert, having spent over an hour downloading and listening to their songs :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic,grab the tissues, 1 Jan. 2013
Finch "Finch" (Tyne and Wear, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Edge of Never (Kindle Edition)
The tv over Christmas has been so dire that all I've been doing is reading, 3 books yesterday alone. I started to read this book at 6am this morning, reading most of today until completing it about an hour ago. I am telling you this because you will need to be able to dedicate 12 hours of your life to this book once you pick it up and I absolutely urge you to do it. I became totally absorbed to the exclusion of life around me and this author writes with such intensity that you fall under her spell immediately. I won't give the plot away but suffice to say that I have NEVER cried so much whilst reading a book as I did with this one. It wasn't until the reveal was almost upon me that I realised what it was and although it's best that you don't scrutinise the plotline too much it's a breathtakingly beautiful story and I will be recommending it to anyone who will listen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Un-put-downable, 28 Jan. 2013
Ms. K. Burns (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Edge of Never (Paperback)
An amazing book that had me laughing, cringing, shocked, angered(only for a short time), crying and then shouting out in pure joy. Camryn a girl(which at first we can say she is because she feels herself she hasn't really lived), has been through so much in her 20 years of life that you just want to shake fate by the arms and shout give her a chance. And does that chance appear oh yes and in the form of Andrew Parrish who I have pictured as the sexyist thing since sliced bread; to be precise. Joining Andrew and Camryn on their journey together has been amazing and from the very start your continually saying please get together. They both have their secrets and as they get to know each other these become revealed except for one- something I didn't see coming that had me in tears because I felt I was going through it myself almost and was thinking the author can't be this cruel, could she? The Edge Of Never is one of those rare finds that when you start reading you can't stop and just wish it would continue on forever. I was very surprised by this book and almost inspired, it had me looking and reflecting on my own life and making me really think about what I want and how Im living it- My own Andrew wouldn't hurt things along either. I hugely recommend this story and have passed it on to so many others who have also enjoyed it. For those peolpe who think its another Fifty Shades you couldn't be more wrong. Their is Sex very very hot sex but not so much that it disrespects the rest of the story, it actually rather builds it up more in my opinion. You Need To Read This Book! and I hope the author may write something eles like this soon, something that will have a lot of us queing up to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved Andrew and Cam!, 10 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Edge of Never (Kindle Edition)
Wow. This book. This beautiful book. I loved every page.

In a sea of new adult novels, The Edge of Never was like a breath of fresh air. I loved the road trip element to this story. Camryn and Andrew unexpectedly meet as they both are running from their current lives. They decide to seize the opportunity to travel together making sweet, sweet music.

Music was a big part of this book as were the artists The Civil Wars, as I was a huge fan of them beforehand, it made me love this book even more. I pictured Cam and Andrew’s journey like a movie playing in my head. From their run down motel stops to the cozy bars where they performed.

Of course, nothing lasts forever and Cam and Andrew’s time comes to an abrupt halt. Andrew’s problem was something I never seen coming and it floored me. Like great, big fat tears dripping from my eyes kinda floored me. It was written really well and had me on the edge of my seat.

I adored J.A Redmerski’s writing; I opened the first page of this book and couldn’t put it down until I swiped the very last one. The Edge of Never has everything you could want in a book. You must check this out!!

P.s. I adored the tattoos!! Perfect ending! ~Ava

4.0 out of 5 stars Refreshingly different and well written romance, 20 July 2013
This review is from: The Edge of Never (Paperback)
I've had this book on my kindle for a while now but haven't had the enthusiasm to read it, mostly because the storyline seemed dull and didn't really excite me.

I finished the book today and I must say it's the only book in a long time that actually made me cry. I loved it! I thought it was ten times more real than half the tatt that's out there at the moment.

I had two issues with it that let it slightly. The first was the authors portrayal of depression, it was very singular and it always annoys me when something like depression is misrepresented, especially as it is still such a stigmatised condition.

Secondly, I can't stand the way that people who want to/have travel look down their noses at those living the more traditional route of college a job, marriage and children. Words such as 'drones' and 'sheep' when referring to these areas of society are extremely derogatory and judgemental. It was unfortunate that the H&H fell into this patronising trap.

Other than that I really enjoyed this book, it was well written and had good pacing and tackled some very real issues in a realistic way. I am going to look out for other books by this author for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Abso-friggin-lutely BRILLIANT, 13 Dec. 2012
An avid reader. - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Edge of Never (Kindle Edition)
WOW, WOW, WOOOWWWW!! Oh my gosh this book is freakin excellent. Great believable characters and so full of raw emotion. The scenes come to life and you can totally picture Cam on the buses with Andrew and then in the motel rooms and going to the bars. Heck everything gets played out in you head, you can't resist being pulled into the scenery and story. This story is depicted and brought to life so freakin well it's just a stunner of a book and yep you'll need to check your tears but in all honesty this book plays out so well because of the emotions, it's what makes it such a beautiful read.

3.0 out of 5 stars First 50% was boring, 8 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Edge of Never (Kindle Edition)
If this had been a film I wouldn't have watched it. It's a shame they weren't travelling through England because then we could have got the long boring bus trip over with after a few days. To be honest I skipped some pages and who can blame me after 50% of bus stops. It does eventually pick up and love blossoms,secrets are revealed and the sex is hot.

5.0 out of 5 stars FIRMLY AT THE TOP EDGE OF NEVER, 31 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Edge of Never (Kindle Edition)
This is a 'get your nose out of your kindle and take a breath before you choke' kind of book. I have read a few of this type of book recenty, emotionally damaged girl meets badly broken boy and despite the usually depressing subject matter, I enjoy them. I thought I would like The Edge of Never but I wasn,t prepared for how much. I finished it in one sitting (my husband had football on, what is a girl to do?) This has to be one of my favourite books .....EVER. Other reviewers are right about the spot-on characters, they could pop off the page right onto a screen. One word of advice before you buy this book (and you definately should) and that word is tissues!

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing journey you will not want to miss out on!, 10 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Edge of Never (Paperback)
What a journey The Edge of Never has taken me on!
I love how this book draws you in right from the very beginning. It’s incredible! I love the way this is written and it flows so beautifully. I loved reading from both Camryn and Andrew’s points of view. It was nice to get into Andrew’s head and figure what was up with him. I loved Andrew. He is a funny character from the very start of the book. The relationship between Cam and Andrew is incredible and you just fall in love with them both.
Chapter 40 has an OMG moment right at the start. I could have died when I was reading the first paragraphs! I love how the author can shock you like that.
The ending of the book was so cute. However I would have liked to have read a bit more about the Tattoo being done but I know the story had to end somewhere.
This story is the most AMAZING read I have read this year! It is definitely worth every star!

The Edge of Never
The Edge of Never by J. A. Redmerski (Paperback - 4 July 2013)