5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the car or anywhere else for that matter!!
I bought this as I have a long commute and wanted to make the time spent driving more productive and this seems perfect for the job.

I got it yesterday and have already done two sessions, the pace is good, the clarity of the audio is great, the clear explanations is brilliant!

It's not just learning by repeating what they say (though obviously that's...
Published 9 months ago by R. L. Kightley

2.0 out of 5 stars life's too short
Published 10 months ago by Josephine Pavey

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the car or anywhere else for that matter!!, 28 Mar 2014
R. L. Kightley (Nottinghamshire U.K) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Complete Italian (Stages 1 and 2) Box Set (Collins Easy Learning Audio Course) (Audio CD)

It's not just learning by repeating what they say (though obviously that's a fundamental part) it also give good explanations about what is being said and you take up a role in a conversation with the CD (a bit weird but it works!)

This has two stages and each stage is split into 12 units.

Each unit covers one topic, the first being basic introductions (Hello etc.)

For each units there are a couple of tracks, gradually building up from explaining some new words through to you actually using them in conversations (with the recording)

Also it comes with two booklets which has all of the CDs in a written format!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Complete - dictionary and audio helps you practise Italian after Italians using well used phrases., 13 Dec 2013
Easy to understand, can practise Italian after Italians have spoken it. The books are useful for when you don`t have access to a computer. Dictionary so you can look up words you need to know. Helps you recognise spoke Italian and work out what it means using well used phrases.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm told it's very good!, 8 Jan 2014
I bought this as a present for a friend. I have the French version which I love. She is very pleased with it, it teaches you all the relevant language you need to know if you are going on holiday to Italy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just the Job for Beginners, 6 April 2014
Comprehensive course which goes at a steady pace for complete beginners.

The accompanying booklets help too. AS good if not better that others which are much more expensive

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellant value and well strucured course, 17 Sep 2014
Whenever we go on holiday abroad I like to try and pick up at least the basics of the local language. Usually it's much appreciated if you try and converse in other than the usual Brit shout-it-load-repeat-it-often-English.

These Collins courses are really good at getting through the basics quickly. If, as I have, used them before, their structure is basically similar throughout the series so you get to know what to expect. The only trouble is that you may start of speaking Italian then accidentally slip into a bit of Portuguese or Spanish!

This set was particularly good value as it had stages 1 & 2 together at much less than the price of buying them separately.

4.0 out of 5 stars Learning Italian is quick and easy with this audio!, 11 Mar 2014
I enjoy learning Italian using this audio cassette as the speakers are clear, they make learning easy, fun and exciting!

2.0 out of 5 stars life's too short, 23 Feb 2014
sorry, it might be my fault - perhaps I just picked the wrong box set. I wanted to learn enough short words and phrases to get by on a recent trip to Rome. I found the process incredibly long-winded and wordy, and the sound quality was terrible. I didn't have enough time to play the whole thing in the week before going as it took so long to get through it. I wanted something with more punchy , compressed content, that I could repeat and repeat, without having to skip over endlessly repeated intros. It was helpful for pronunciation though

5.0 out of 5 stars A good step-by-step course for beginners, 22 Mar 2014
As a beginner in Italian I am finding this course very useful. It goes at the right pace, with plenty of repetition. The accompanying booklets are just the plain text, with no frills, but at this early stage they are doing the job well, and with it being on CD I can do it when I'm on journeys.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to understand, 27 Oct 2014
Decide to learn Italian before a trip next June. As a pensioner I thought I would have problems with this but it is so clearly spoken. The first steps are easy being greetings then onto asking for places. I would highly recommend this for ease and getting the basics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy listening, 6 Nov 2014
These CDs are good and easy to listen to and understand- one day I hope to speak italian!

Complete Italian (Stages 1 and 2) Box Set (Collins Easy Learning Audio Course)