5.0 out of 5 stars Read this Book!
This book is one of the most important I've ever read, and I've been a GP for 34 years. I wish I'd known the stuff in here years ago, as all thru my career the official mantra has been "eat less fat, do more exercise" and, sadly I've repeated this message to many many patients. And yet the population is fatter, diabetes & metabolic syndrome have become epidemic and...
Published 18 months ago by Tynedoc

3.0 out of 5 stars Good data, opinionated narrative
Loved the science and the compelling science based arguments for the causal connection between sugar and metabolic syndrome and obesity in this book. Lustig lays out the facts clearly and in an understandable way for the non-scientist. He also has great ideas on food labeling and the need for legislative change. I was far less keen on the author's mostly cynical and...
Published 17 months ago by Realisation

‹ Previous | 114 15 1619 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 Mar 2013
Well written in the main. Good section covering the hormonal and biochemical basis of obesity. Some of the sections regarding political issues and the food industry are less interesting but I enjoyed and found the book interesting and useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why we are what we eat., 18 Mar 2013
Even if you think you know everything about 'healthy eating' this book will provide you with a detailed and broad look at how and why, what we eat is killing us. I love the fact that it is backed up by research.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sugar, 6 Mar 2013
This review is from: Fat Chance: The bitter truth about sugar (Paperback)
An excellent book on the theories about sugar and health. It continues the work of John Yudkin in the 1970's

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant eye opening read, 29 July 2014
finally I can understand some of my own bizarre behaviour around food and what I need to do to curb it but also the bigger picture about profit making food companies and the frightening facts about what we perceive to be choices we are given

4.0 out of 5 stars worth reading, 8 Aug 2014
Very informative and a real eye opener about the real dangers of sugars . The book can be hard going at times when the author goes into detailed biology.
Well presented factual and well argued case for excluding sugar from your diet

5.0 out of 5 stars It's time the world knew the truth, 14 Aug 2014
Extremely informative book about the science, the history and the politics of our sugar filled diet that is slowly killing the world. A long detailed book which is heavy going in some places but one I struggled to put down.

3.0 out of 5 stars Loaded, 5 Aug 2014
This book was informative but probably too much for your ordinary reader. In parts it was a bit repetitive and half way through the book I pretty much got the idea without having to continue which I did I will add.

5.0 out of 5 stars Changed the way I view food., 16 July 2014
Excellent book - detailed scientific evidence presented in a light, easy to read manner. Dr. Lustig is getting an important message across to a lot of people. Changed the way I view food. You need to read this.

5.0 out of 5 stars A real eye opener!, 11 Aug 2014
Lost count of the number of diet books I have bought. Some have worked but not sustainable in the long term. This is only book regarding your health you will ever need . It's a real eye opener.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everybody should read this book, 20 July 2014
Excellent book. Easy to read but also backed up by robust and convincing scientific evidence.
Everybody should read this but especially those with children.

‹ Previous | 114 15 1619 | Next ›

Fat Chance: The bitter truth about sugar
Fat Chance: The bitter truth about sugar by Dr. Robert Lustig (Paperback - 3 Jan 2013)
11.93
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available