5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting view from the 'bad guys' perspective.
Well-written and funny it shows background of previously met characters. Its a brilliant book and I recommend it to everyone who has read skullduggery pleasant. Gives good reasons for evil.(- : (-; 0-!
Published 20 months ago by ms k l young

1.0 out of 5 stars Only Bad Book In The Series
I was so disappointed with this book. It was boring and badly plotted with more holes than a sieve, It could have been condensed to a couple of Chapters in book 6 and/or 8. Normally this series in a laugh out loud joy to read. This was depressingly poor.
Published 5 months ago by D. W. Lees

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting view from the 'bad guys' perspective., 28 Mar 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent spin off, 2 April 2013
I got this book on friday and finished it the next day, it was a amazing book we got the return of some old favourite bad guys, one of my favourite things about the hardback versions of the books is the artwork for the front cover and this doesnt disapoint a lovely shot on Tanith and if you open the book you get a excellent artwork of the main 7 bad guys of the story and in the back the main 7 good guys, all excellent pictures. The overall story is alot of fun but while it is a spin off it heavily hints on some events for book 8 and even 9. So I feel even though it is a spin off if someone dosnt read this book and they bring up these events in book 8 or 9 the person may feel lost as it makes some interesting points to possible events for book 8 and something regarding the remement within Tanith and the final chapter is pretty cool which may then resurfuce in the following books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr Landy, will you marry me?, 8 April 2013
Christopher Long "Phone Monkey" (Rugby, UK) - See all my reviews
I should hate Derek Landy. I really should. I spend ages moaning about books that need to run for volumes and volumes. I say the word saga should only apply to holidays where all the stairs come with a lift option. But then there's Skulduggery Pleasant. Sure, they might be surprisingly violent and dark for what is considered a children's book, but they are stunningly entertaining. Somehow the endless supply of one liners, terrific set pieces and brilliant plots never come off as smug. Instead they are pure pleasure. No overly complicated characters or need to sell more books every time. And this spin off is no exception. This time we go into the moodier, more twisted world of the other side of the fence. We get to spend time inside the heads of some of the series better known monsters but this is a trip into the world of vanity and pretension and writing for the sake of sales. Instead there are real characters here and some great moments. So now we reach a dilemma? More Skulduggery or more Tanith...that's not as an easy choice as you'd expect. (Also, I've got to say, I never saw a reference to Jeff Buckley or The Wire coming in a book like this. Didn't see those coming.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 2 April 2013
I bought a this book thinking that if it was anything like skullduggery pleasant I would enjoy it and it was just as good, if not better. I really recommend this book. Hopefully you will enjoy this book as much as I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Told by the bad guys, 1 April 2013
bookwormz (Herefordshire) - See all my reviews
I've always felt that the Skulduggery books lack interesting bad guys. I'm also one of those people who sometimes want the bad guys to win.
Tanith has always been my favourite character; and this book flashes back to Taniths past too.
This book is funny, witty and introduces you to bad guys of tomorrow. If they don't get killed.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book insight into the later area of the series, 21 Aug 2013
It is fantastic.It shows Tanith Low's life before meeting Skulduggery. It also shows her plans for the future of Darquesse and her means to help her destroy the world. would reccomend having read up to mortal coil before reading this for this would make little sense without having read boook five in the skulduggery series

4.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 24 July 2013
I didn't really understand all of it because I am used to the regular skulduggery pleasant so that kind of stunk but other than that not bad finished it in 3 hours

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool, 2 Jun 2013
I really liked reading about Tanith after the reminent stuck inside of her. It is nice to know what she is up to. Thanks Derek Landy.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Malificent Seven, 28 May 2013
Just simply wonderful and intriguing, a new twist and backstabbing on every page. It was one of the most action filled books I have ever read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting page turner, 26 May 2013
Amazon Customer (Dromore, County Down United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
The book was amazing.with every chapter finished you would want to read another.Absolutely would recommend reading this book very soon.

The Maleficent Seven (From the World of Skulduggery Pleasant) (Skullduggery Pleasant)
Used & New from: £7.99