Format: Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon 23 December 2014
Odd Interlude is a charming shorter story in Koontz's Odd Thomas series and chronologically comes between the action of Odd Hours and Odd Apocalypse.

Odd Thomas is driving, just roaming without destination, with his companions, enigmatic Annamaria, ghost dog Boo and Labrador Raphael when he feels himself drawn towards Harmony Corner. The the diner, garage and motel are run by the extended Harmony family and it is Donny that Odd meets first. Donny is hideously disfigured but has a sweet nature and Odd is enjoying talking to him, but then something within Donny changes and the affable man becomes hostile.

Odd has stumbled into a wasp's nest, a thrilling story that brings together Koontz's Odd Thomas and Moonlight Bay series. Secret bases, science gone wrong, AI and aliens, innocence, fortitude, hubris and bravery, strong characterisation, these are themes common to many of Koontz's books but in Odd Interlude they are particularly satisfyingly brought together.
on 22 April 2013
Really pleased with this! Great new addition to the Odd series, although i did read it out of order!
best to read after Odd apocalypse (number 5,)and before 'Deeply Odd'(number 6) if possible.
Edge of seat stuff! Enjoy.
on 31 October 2014
Love it as I love all Dean Koontz . His novels are my guilty secret pleasure , yes I know they are all very 'samey' good always triumphs over evil , dogs are mans best friend and people with learning disabilities are all the special people of the world . Mr Koontz never tires of pressing the point , endlessly . However I do love to read him occasionally when I tire of zombie novels written by people who cannot spell , write grammatically , punctuate or write a story .
Something Mr Koontz does amazingly well.
on 9 October 2013
I finished this e-novella in a couple of days of non continuous reading and must say that I think novella length suits the Dean Koontz style better. It moves at a steady and continuous pace uninterrupted by any romantic diversions. I am not entirely against romance, it is just that it tends to get in the way of the progression of stories of this type. It is another in the Odd Thomas saga and there are definite indications in this story that Koontz will soon be bringing this series to an end. Which is sad as the main character Odd Thomas is an engaging character and the reader soon comes to care about him and his fate. Dean Koontz is a prolific writer of the supernatural/sci fi thriller and has over the years rounded his craft to produce a smooth plot and narrative progression. The pace is exactly right for the story and there are lots of little hints along the way to indicate that all is not well in Moonlight Bat and that a dastardly deed was done in Fort Wyvern. I suggest the reader finds out for themselves the significance of these place names. In summary I think this is a superbly crafted story, has real page turning quality and is guaranteed to keep the reader fixed on the story until the last page. Dean Koontz is one of the very best writing in this genre today.
on 28 February 2013
I am an Odd fan, and I liked the first two novels and didn't mind the third. I kinda miss him having a silent ghost companion, think I missed what happened to the one after Elvis, think it was Frank Sinatra. But the novel is ok, good pace, good writing and flow. As a reader of Dean Koontz you find themes flow between his books, as with this one.
on 30 January 2013
Since the very first Odd Thomas book Dean Koontz wrote, I have found the character fascinating. I love the mystery surrounding Odd Thomas, and the way the Mr. Koontz has developed the story lines around him. I hope that he will have enough ideas to carry on with this series, as I can't wait to find our what Odd is going to get up to next.
on 6 March 2013
I'm a fan of Odd Thomas and didn't find this wee book disappointing.
Lots of the usual supernatural adventures going on, and although a tiny bit predictable,
Still enough edge of seat moments to keep me hooked til the end.
I'd recommend this book to any other Odd fans out there
on 28 August 2015
In the beginning Odd was more an extraordinary guy who can see dead people and can foresee bad things to happen when bodags ( dead spirits) arrive at a certain place. But you can see that Odd more and more develops into a hero and meets with horror and evil. In the first books he mainly had to fight against human evil but more and more he meets horror and evil not that human. The setting in this book is great, Odd arrives at a small town where he has the feeling that something is very wrong and soon he finds out that an evil spirit can take over and control the human beings in it. If you read the Moonlight Bay series you understand more what caused the evil but it's not a must. Spooky and scary ending.
on 13 March 2013
Another thrilling read, I feel as though I have a chance with Dean's plots after reading almost all his work, the familiarity with his writing, how wrong I am. Looking forward to book five tomorrow.
on 19 July 2014
I enjoyed this book overall but not as much as the ' main ' Odd Thomas series. It was filled with a bit too much padding for me obviously to drag the story out. Still a good main story though.