on 19 January 2013
I really enjoyed it,it gave a real insite into Cheryl's childhood, her commitment to succeed from an early age. Even though she had not come from a wealthy back ground she knew what she wanted. It was a very open account of the up's and down that have happening in her life, the sad and happy thing that happen i.e the brake down of her marriage to Ashley Cole and her illness and the aftermath of this on her health and wellbeing. A very open account of her life up to now, looking forward to her next book in a few years time.
on 3 December 2012
I read this book in a day and a half and thoroughly enjoyed it, felt real sadness at times for Cheryl, people judge others in the public eye all too often taking what the media say to be "true", it is actually unbelievable what they will write to make money and sell papers. Yes these people are famous but give them some breathing space and a little time to live their lives. I have always warmed to Cheryl Cole but now see her as a normal down to earth girl who made something of her life - Good Luck Cheryl for the future.
on 3 October 2013
I like cheryl, not a huge fan but looking for an easy read by the pool.
Well have to say I now admire her, really enjoyed her frank truthful account of her life. Her relationship with Ashley , totally sad as she gave her heart to that undeserving man.she has come away, sad lonely and single. Hopefully she will meet someone who will deserve her love.
If you are doybting whether you should buy or not, go on its a great read!!! Unfortunately I read it in 2 days now looking for something else...
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 29 October 2013
This book wasn't on my to read list, I wouldn't say Cheryl Cole is one of my favourite stars but I do like her personality and I like quite a lot of Girls Aloud recordings/used to like watching her on X Factor etc. I saw Cheryl on the Allen Carr chatty man show and she was promoting her autobiography and I just wanted to read it then. I thought she came over really well on the chat show and so I downloaded the kindle sample. It was surprisingly good so I bought the full kindle edition. Cheryl said on the Allen Carr show that so much rubbish had been written about her that just wasn't true and that this was her chance to set the record straight. This is very well written and starts from her childhood and how Cheryl and her family had no luxuries and quite a hard life. From an early age Cheryl shone at singing and dancing and actually got a scholarship to spend some time at The Royal ballet school so she really has some solid training, something I didn't realise. Cheryl won quite a few talent shows at this time. The book is an easy read which keeps your interest going. It has a good selection of photos from childhood right up to the present day. She tells everything like it is including Simon Cowell and her marriage to Ashley Cole. She doesn't bad mouth Ashley she just says what went wrong with their marriage and I really admire how mature Cheryl and her family are in that they can all get on together with Ashley now. This wasn't a book I would have been rushing to the bookshop to buy on release day but in fact I found it a great read, it really changed my mind about Cheryl. Well done Cheryl.
on 7 May 2013
I read this book within 24 hours. Could not put it down! Love how Cheryl isn't afraid to speak her mind and tells people to f*** off when they deserve it. Found it very refreshing to find someone so forthcoming and honest about her feelings for Ashley. Have always liked Cheryl and have a new found respect for her after reading this book. Would love to see her back on X Factor. Got a feeling Simon is her guilty pleasure :)
Hope she's a happy chappy now wherever she is !
on 11 December 2013
I like Cheryl and as a reader you feel her pain over Ashley, it's also interesting to see how depression affects people regardless of wealth, position and status.....

But she comes across very whiney no real details that can't be pulled up on Google, she hate the press yet would be no where without them? Odd.

Overall it's an ok book, I expected more and to be honest it's taken me over 6 months to finish it. Whereas I normally read books in 2-3 days!
on 7 February 2013
I really enjoyed this book Cheryl showed all through this book that she is a normal, down-to-earth person. She is not big headed or flash where most celebrities are very keen to show off.

Cheryl has had a lot of heart-ache not just from Ashley Cole but from friends when she was younger who got mixed up in drugs (which she managed to steer clear off). Also her brother caused a lot of pain as well. Cheryl loves her family very much and this does come across.
on 1 January 2016
Never knew what Cheryl had been through. Would definitely recommend. Can't wait for her next book now, so much more to her life
on 13 February 2013
i adore cheryl and loved reading this book. its a shame pepole think that because she dosent witre her owen songs she isnt someone to be taken sererously. shes not ashamed of the dark pereiods in her life and i think that comes across well here. her fans need to stop telling her how to feel about ashley as theres no harm in wishing things were diffreant to how they are.
overall a very honest book you know the truth now guys so leave her alone!
on 14 October 2012
Now I am sure there will be the normal haters out there that don't give this book a chance and say it is rubbish without picking it up. No matter what I put here their opinion will not change. For those of you rounded enough to have an open mind and for the down right fans. This book is awesome the girl can seriously write. Yes, I know before I get a 100 emails I am sure someone helped Cheryl Cole write this book. However, if people were interested enough to know about my past and then someone else offered to help write my book I would take the help, who wouldn't. I have to say though, there is enough fact and feelings in this book that this is Cheryl's autobiography written in her words.

The book starts with a women in the hospital recognising Cheryl and asking for her autograph when she was recovering from Malaria. With shame I wonder if I could have been that person asking a sick patient whether I could have their autograph. When do celebrities stop being humans beings? The honesty in the book is at the highest level this is a person who wants us to know about her life warts and all. I love the way that when Cheryl didn't remember aspects of her life she was honest enough to say. I was always concerned at how these celebrities could remember every aspect of their life with no gaps. If I was to take one exception to the whole book it would be Cheryl's mention that southerners did not get a geordie sense of humour. If that is the case why did I find myself chuckling along at passages of the book. It is lovely when an authors personality comes through in their writing.

The book ends with the line "I hope you have enjoyed reading it?' Well, I can say without reservation that yes I enjoyed it very much.