4.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this book - took it away on holiday for ...
I really enjoyed this book - took it away on holiday for beach time reading - a perfect indulgence.

I thought that Cheryl was really honest with her accounts of events, emotions, and activities through her life. I then read Kimberley's book and her recollection of events seemed to match pretty perfectly.

For anyone who is a Girls Aloud or Cheryl fan...
Published 9 months ago by Reb W

3.0 out of 5 stars An easy pleasant read
Published on 29 Dec. 2012 by Helen Fog

4.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this book - took it away on holiday for ..., 9 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Cheryl: My Story (Kindle Edition)

For anyone who is a Girls Aloud or Cheryl fan this is a great read. Or if you are just curious about the woman herself, then definitely worth reading. A great insight into how Girls Aloud worked together, Cheryl's relationships with her family, friends, boyfriends and then-husband.

My one and only criticism is that she is VERY scathing about the media, and at times those parts can get a bit ranty about being followed by the paps, but I think really it is just a reflection of how she felt hounded at the time, and she's just trying to make that point.

Overall, a really lovely book. Perhaps in a few more years there will be a follow up.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Inspirational honest autobiography!, 19 May 2013
Blog Link:[...]
Title: My Story
Author: Cheryl Cole
Publication Date: October 2012
Publisher: Harper

For the first time Cheryl tells her full story, her way. Revealing the truth behind the headlines, this is the only official autobiography, giving the fans the true story they've been waiting for. Includes exclusive, personal photos.

I've had this sat in my TBR pile for a while now and kept putting it off for reading but I finally got round to reading it this week, and I am shocked why I didn't decide to read this sooner, First of all, People who aren't fans of Cheryl aren't going to enjoy this, I'll be honest, However for the real fans then you will enjoy this so much, as its the one and only autobiography that gives you the truth right from the beginning.

I loved how I got to read things from her childhood and how tough it was in the Geordie areas of Newcastle and the rise of drugs as Cheryl was growing was horrible to read with having a family member go through I knew exactly how Cheryl felt when her childhood boyfriend, friends got hooked on the worst drug ever Heroin but she never once gave up her dream of being a star one day!

This is one autobiography I am not going to forget in a heartbeat, I loved it, Cheryl is certainly an inspirational woman with plenty of strength who pushes herself back if she hits rock bottom!
Ladies out in the world need to take a leaf in Cheryl's steps I tell you. Cheryl is completely honest all the way through this book whether its in her childhood and how tough her mam coped or her marriage or what really went down on American X factor, Cheryl is true to her word in her autobiography.

For Cheryl's Soldiers out there, You will truly adore this and be inspired by Cheryl so much. In my opinion after reading this, I actually admire Cheryl so much more and is a true role model.
I Salute You!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read., 29 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Cheryl: My Story (Kindle Edition)
This book wasn't on my to read list, I wouldn't say Cheryl Cole is one of my favourite stars but I do like her personality and I like quite a lot of Girls Aloud recordings/used to like watching her on X Factor etc. I saw Cheryl on the Allen Carr chatty man show and she was promoting her autobiography and I just wanted to read it then. I thought she came over really well on the chat show and so I downloaded the kindle sample. It was surprisingly good so I bought the full kindle edition. Cheryl said on the Allen Carr show that so much rubbish had been written about her that just wasn't true and that this was her chance to set the record straight. This is very well written and starts from her childhood and how Cheryl and her family had no luxuries and quite a hard life. From an early age Cheryl shone at singing and dancing and actually got a scholarship to spend some time at The Royal ballet school so she really has some solid training, something I didn't realise. Cheryl won quite a few talent shows at this time. The book is an easy read which keeps your interest going. It has a good selection of photos from childhood right up to the present day. She tells everything like it is including Simon Cowell and her marriage to Ashley Cole. She doesn't bad mouth Ashley she just says what went wrong with their marriage and I really admire how mature Cheryl and her family are in that they can all get on together with Ashley now. This wasn't a book I would have been rushing to the bookshop to buy on release day but in fact I found it a great read, it really changed my mind about Cheryl. Well done Cheryl.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... have a new found respect for Cheryl - it's like you can hear her voice through the pages, 2 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Cheryl: My Story (Kindle Edition)
I couldn't put it down and have a new found respect for Cheryl - it's like you can hear her voice through the pages! It's easy reading so you get hooked quickly, and I was amazed at just how much she's had to deal with during her life. I really hope the next book is filled with happier anecdotes - she really deserves it!

5.0 out of 5 stars What an inspiring beautiful woman, 13 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Cheryl: My Story (Hardcover)
I got bought this book for Christmas and I have to admit I had no strong feeling about Cheryl Cole before reading her book, neither liked or disliked her but after reading her story I truly admire her, she is a strong independant and beautiful woman.

I have to disagree with the review below which says its more like a series of events tnan her actual story. I believe Cheryl was very honest in this book and delved deep into events which have happened in her life. As a celebrity she cannot help that we already know of many of these events such as her divorce with Ashley but I think the book was a good platform for her to show her side of the story.

It was an easy read and I didn't want to put it down and it really made me warm to Cheryl as a person, yes many of us suffer highs and lows in out lives but not many of us have to go through it all in the public eye.

5.0 out of 5 stars A really down to earth read!, 16 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Cheryl: My Story (Hardcover)
I have always liked Cheryl, as she has her feet firmly on the ground, and not forgotten her roots, nor does she intend to.

It is heart on the sleeve stuff, and I couldn't put it down. Like all people she has had ups and downs, but has learned lessons that have made her a stronger person, and that makes her an inspiration particularly for young people. Considering her experiences, she has not put anyone down, and tries to think the best of people.

There are some lovely photos from childhood on that mark events in her life.

This is a must read for all, but especially those that have had emotional heartbreak for whatever reason as this autobiography shows Cheryl has been through many and varied dark times, come out the other side, pick herself up and carry on!

3.0 out of 5 stars An easy pleasant read, 29 Dec. 2012
Helen Fog (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cheryl: My Story (Hardcover)
I wouldn't consider myself a Cheryl Cole fan as such, but fancied reading her version of events which have been in the media. It was interesting reading about her marriage to Ashley and how it broke down etc. She's obviously been through a lot at such a young age, but I did feel at times that the book was rather self-indulgent. She constantly talks about picking herself up and 'climbing out of the darkness to find the light'. She has craved fame from a young age and appears to hate every minute of being in the limelight....we all know these 2 things go hand in hand and her x factor appearances were only going to catapult her even more so into the spotlight....

But aside from this, I found it a pleasant quick read which I did enjoy....

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing amazing but something for fans!, 17 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Cheryl: My Story (Hardcover)
Really enjoyed reading this book but only cos I like Cheryl and I also live in Newcastle so it was a must-read for me. It's pretty good actually. She's not gonna win any rewards for her writing, but it is kinda hard to put down.
Sometimes though, I feel like she needs to buckle up as she mentions crying alot, but I think that's just me. It's understandable considering some of the things that happened to her!
She also very much plays the good girl all throughout, but it is her book so what do you expect?
I hate Ashley Cole. Why does she still call herself Cheryl Cole?! Why not go back to Cheryl Tweedy?!

Hope her and Tre work out, he's beautiful. Seems so much better for her than Ashley!

1.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm..., 5 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Cheryl: My Story (Kindle Edition)
I actually really liked Cheryl before I read this. She has not come across at all well in this book. At times spoiled, self absorbed and incredibly selfish for which she makes no apology or even awareness of.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, in a word., 21 April 2013
Alex A.C.M (Chelmsford, Essex) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Cheryl: My Story (Paperback)
I've been a fan of Girls Aloud's ever since 'Popstars: The Rivals', but have found ever since 2009 that Cheryl Cole on her own is a bit of a love/hate person for me. I like some of her singles she's put out but her actual albums have always been, bar '3 Words', middingly disappointing and full of fillers when put next to not just the band's material but also the far superior but poorer selling solo albums of her bandmates Nicola Roberts and Nadine Coyle. I loved her when she was a judge on X Factor, and I felt sorry for her yet also felt frustrated at her continued willingness to put up with Ashley's infidelity.

But despite all this I was looking forward to reading her book. However I decided instead to wait until it was out in paperback as it'd be cheaper than the hardback. And oh, how glad I am that I made that choice as after getting this read in just two hours I was glad when it was over and actually felt hugely angry and disappointed - so much so I requested a refund. Admittedly this is ghost written and you can tell it is but this book does her absolutely no favours whatsoever. Everything seems to be one long continuous whinge at how unfair everything - bad boyfriends, THAT incident with the toilet attendant, Simon Cowell umming and aahing about her being on US X Factor - has been but there doesn't seem to be any kind of self reflection or analysis of how she could have handled the situations she was in differently.

Just for a point of comparison, I read Olly Murs' book recently which was also ghost written but you couldn't even tell it was, and it was also written with a lot more warmth and engaging humour which I'm afraid I look for when I'm reading an autobiography. Cheryl's book on the other hand just left me feeling cold. No one deserves what she went through and yes it was horrible but she seems to be holding grudges that she clearly needs to let go of because it's getting a bit boring now. I just hope her band mate Kimberley Walsh's book, which is out later in the year, will be more enjoyable than this.

Cheryl: My Story
Cheryl: My Story by Cheryl Cole (Hardcover - 11 Oct. 2012)
Used & New from: £0.01