Format: Hardcover|Change

on 18 May 2014
I suppose I shouldn't have expected too much, as I was buying this to replace my rather out-of-date full size version, but some areas of the world are not very well represented, while others are well covered.
For instance, California, and the Great Lakes get large scale reproductions, but the whole of Argentina gets one tiny half page map, and Switzerland is virtually invisible with no detail whatsoever. France is also very poorly mapped. Maybe I was expecting too much for the price, but I do caution you that there isn't a huge amount of detail in many maps.
on 19 July 2013
Ok, so there are compromises in the smaller size, but my biggest grip is the number of pages devoted to the "space to earth" shots. Nice, but, really, nothing else they could have done? One feature I did especially like is the historical reference section. Do you remember the exact size of the USSR?
on 6 September 2013
This Atlas is easy to use and the maps are as usual produced to the highest standard as you would expect from the people who produce the finest atlas range in the world this atlas is a good addition to my collection of world atlases i would highly recommend this publication to anyone it is particularly useful if you want a quick referance guide to help you understand the world you live in today and keep up with world events.

Stephen Turner

Ash Green

Surrey

England.
on 23 September 2013
I have a relative travelling round the world and I can find even the smallest place in this atlas. I have recommended the atlas to 2 more people who have ordered it. Thank you.
on 31 July 2015
A very small scale and poorly represented mapping. The maps contain too much information on the scale that they are difficult to read. This for me was a bad and expensive purchase. The old version of a Phillips Atlas I own is although out of date a much better atlas. I would recommend trying to have a look at a selection before purchase.
on 19 October 2015
I had an older edition of this atlas years ago so I knew what to expect and I certainly wasn't disappointed. I keep this new one near to my favourite chair so that I can find out where places are when I hear about them on the radio and television.
on 16 August 2014
This does the job but the maps are very detailed and several countries are typically clustered together on one page. I bought it to replace a 20 year old Rand McNally book which has a single page and map for each and every country. I wish this one was just as clear. Of course we cannot ascertain such differences when buying over the net. Oh well.
on 28 January 2014
Bought this to replace an old version. Unfortunately lacks the detail of the previous version. But considering the price is good value.
on 9 October 2013
The graphic quality should be better, few details in the maps, many pages used with facts and figures instead of geographic information.
on 25 August 2013
I chose the 5 star rating because there is no better product than that of the Times.
It provides the up-to-date information that a young student needs, and I would recommend it as a present for any young person to broaden their knowledge of the world and how it is developing.