5.0 out of 5 stars A Definite for the Scrabble cheats!
Published 19 months ago by Mrs. R. Treverton-Jones

2.0 out of 5 stars not the content
My sister and I are scrabble crazy and the content of book brilliant. However something seriously needs to be done to quality of these books. We are adults but however careful we are with these books they fall to pieces. I would love you to see all our books - they're all cellotaped - I presume we are meant to use them.
Published 7 months ago by Maggie

5.0 out of 5 stars A Definite for the Scrabble cheats!, 19 Jan 2013
Mrs. R. Treverton-Jones (Bristol UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Collins Scrabble Dictionary: A format edition (Paperback)
We love playing scrabble especially at Christmas and other family gatherings as the game is timeless. However, old cheating habits die hard and so last Christmas I thought to buy the biggest cheat a Scrabble dictionary for her stocking so there could be no more disputes on words! When she opened it I could see a little disappointment, but when the Scrabble board came out, it in fact gave her heaps of pleasure checking on the others so they didn't get away with anything and in fact it actually worked in her favour although I would also recommend not letting one person hang on to the book as there is a tendency to quickly look for other words when you should just be looking up the one! I would add she is 30 and a teacher and still tries to pull peculiar words out of the air to try and fool us!

This is actually a really good and useful dictionary in itself anyway, but the array of 2 letter words and some help on how to get the most out of the game without necessarily creating large words to win, was also invaluable. Highly recommended if only to have less fraught family games in the future! Bargain price too!

2.0 out of 5 stars not the content, 8 Jan 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful little book, 26 Mar 2013
This review is from: Collins Scrabble Dictionary: A format edition (Paperback)
We use this quite a lot when playing scrabble as some words you wonder about and wouldn't find in a normal dictionary.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful checking tool., 27 Mar 2014
It's my arbiter of whether a word is acceptable or not; it resolves any quarrels before they can really get going in a dispute over a word.

5.0 out of 5 stars Also a good dictionary ..., 17 Feb 2014
K. Walton (London) - See all my reviews
This book is good and fun for scrabble use, but is also to my surprise, rather a good dictionary with short, pithy definitions. I tend to reach for it first now. An unexpected bonus.

5.0 out of 5 stars scrabble esential, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: Collins Scrabble Dictionary: A format edition (Paperback)
A very useful book for scrabble enthusiasts. Amazing how many words are acceptable so no more arguments when playing scrabble

5.0 out of 5 stars scrabble, 9 Sep 2013
This review is from: Collins Scrabble Dictionary: A format edition (Paperback)
this will help me no end with my words with friends game on my phone.
I am enjoying using it already!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014
Yes very good thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Knowledge of Word Meanings Strengthen Memory, 31 May 2014
The simplified definitions are an aide memoirs that just keeps you attuned to your game...This book gives you so much confidence because you know the next word's inflections and conjugations and you can challenge any wise guy's phoney words with the audacity of a Master Scrabble Player.
This is one hell of a smart buy for any serious Scrabble player.

5.0 out of 5 stars Irreplaceable, 28 May 2014
This review is from: Collins Scrabble Dictionary: A format edition (Paperback)
Great price for a brilliant dictionary. Almost everything is a word it seems! Clear font and susinct definitions, perfect for settling scrabble rows.

Collins Scrabble Dictionary: A format edition