on 12 June 2013
4/5 for me as yeah, they are just maps, but very nicely thought out and designed maps, a very nice accompaniment to the books and series.

Once you have these then you'll know the world that Game of Thrones is set in and have a better idea of distances etc.

Consider seriously before buying; once you have looked through them once, what else will you actually do with them?
on 9 October 2014
The Maps are good and help you to understand the journeys in the books. I don't know why they are all on separate sheets and the tight folds create a weakness where the map can easily tear. Would have been better as an atlas - maybe with some larger maps that fold out. Unless you're a complete GoT nerd and are looking for wallpaper?
on 3 February 2014
I received this as a Christmas present from a very thoughtful brother who knew I was currently reading A Song Of Ice And Fire. These maps are as detailed as possible and you can tell the illustrator researched even the most minor areas of Westeros, Essos and beyond.

A must for any self respecting fan of Game Of Thrones
on 6 November 2013
I bought this book from a popular high street book shop and paid full price. After seeing it on Amazon I returned it and paid a fraction of the price. This is a bargain and a great stocking filler for my son for Christmas.Great quality and info if you are a Game of Thrones fan.
on 3 January 2013
I bought this item for my brother who is a die hard fan of George R. R. Martin's series 'A Song of Ice and Fire'.

These maps are beautiful and elegant and now hold prize place on his bedroom walls, they are detailed and are a great companion to anyone who is reading the stories and are at any point!

Disclaimer - Map 12 is called 'Journeys' and will show you where key characters have travelled too and where key characters died throughout the books, DO NOT look at this before you have read the stories, you may just see more than you want too!

This is a great little extra to go along side the books, great sized maps, easy to read and easily stowed and taken out of the the packet they come in!

As my brother said when he opened it on Christmas day 'Simply Brilliant!'
on 11 November 2012
I was given a £25 credit by Amazon because they mucked up an order of mine. I thought I'd spend it on something nice, so I pre-ordered this. I wish I hadn't!

When it came, I just hated the packaging straight away. It looked totally inadequate for it's purpose. If opened and closed regularly, the folder will quickly lose any of it's integrity and quickly become 'dog-eared'. Any corners where folds intersect will become holes very quickly also. It just isn't very sturdy.

The way the maps are held in place by two small elasticated bands on each side is also totally inadequate. In fact when mine arrived the maps on the left hand side had already freed themselves from their bands and slipped across to rub on the maps the other side.

The maps themselves are on VERY cheap paper, and it's not very strong. The ink is also very very cheap and my maps that had freed themselves already had white lines along any folds. So any areas of sea that were blue now have white lines across them. That is even before unfolding them. On unfolding any, then white lines immediately appear. Truly truly cheap and nasty. Once the maps have been unfolded they gain mass, and are very difficult to replace back into the flimsy folder pockets.

The maps themselves are pretty unimpressive. Just really gaudily coloured versions of the ones in the book. Not nice at all.

It could have been so good with just one iota of thought. Really, this is a mess.

I don't understand who or what it's aimed at. You can't refer to the maps when reading as they are so big. You can't really frame them, as they have white lines over them and look cheap and nasty, and I don't really know of anyone who would want such 'tat' on their walls anyway. Everyone I've shown this to so far in the 2 days I've had it thinks it's awful and has thanked me for saving them money as they had considered buying it before seeing it for themselves. You can't even use them for research as any sort of use and they look awful.

There isn't even any written material to accompany them. Just one sheet saying how great the collection of maps is.

If I were George R R Martin, I'd distance myself from this inferior product as soon as I could. If he sees it and is happy with it then I'd seriously lose some respect for him, as it's a really cheap cash-in. A simple atlas of maps would have been better than this rubbish.

If I hadn't got this 'free' in effect it'd be going back immediately for refund. I really have no idea how angry I'd be if I'd actually had to PAY for garbage like this. As it is, I just can't be bothered and consider it a £25 voucher lost (not the whole £25, as I did buy something else... something that was nice!).

I don't understand the glowing 5 star reviews on here. I've never, ever got anything off Amazon in over a decade with them that is so inferior on so many levels. I can only assume they are related to either Mr Martin, or Harper Voyager board members, or are so obsessed with The Song of Ice and Fire Saga that they'd give 5 stars to anything associated with it.

Amazon.. you really need a zero stars option on this one!
1010 comments|15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 December 2013
It came so quickly, and when my nephew received it, he was extremely pleased with the quality and the quick time it came in. It's beautiful, and highly recommended for fans of the GoT series!
on 18 January 2013
If you want to find your way around the Game of Thrones world this is brilliant. All those far away places beautifully drawn and mapped. Highly recommended for any serious fan of the books
on 10 January 2014
Wonderful collection of maps, totally worth its price. The details are incredible, a true showpiece. Shipping was much faster than expected, especially before Christmas.
on 27 December 2013
This arrived in good time for Christmas. It was well wrapped so arrived in good condition, It was a gift on my grandson's wish list nad he was delighted to receive it.