Format: Paperback|Change

on 24 February 2015
Would liked to have liked it more as a bit of a fan. The bottom line is I didn't really care about any of the characters. They lacked the warmth and general well roundedness of a Perrin or a Pratt.
on 8 September 2014
I thought this a real return to form. There's a lot of Reggie about Gordon and a few of the Perrin themes are reworked here. None the worse for that though. Really enjoyed it.
on 14 August 2015
If you are a fan of David Nobbs you will enjoy this book. The same high standard and you are kept interested and hooked to the end. A great writer who will be sadly missed.
on 10 February 2013
Quite good - but not up to the standard of the last David Nobbs book I read - Going Gently. Now that was worth more than five stars.
on 17 November 2015
A good one form the always reliable and often brilliant David Nobbs, the man who gave us Reggie Perrin and A Bit Of A Do,etc.
on 16 March 2016
Not ar all like Reggie .Quite surprised at the ending but nonetheless original as ever
on 17 May 2016
My daughter's choice. She enjoyed it.
on 14 February 2013
Bought this for my husband at Christmas and he read it within 3 days!! I am reading it now and find it really funny and easy to read!
on 6 August 2013
Marvellous book full of more wry humour than you can shake a stick at. If (when)this is filmed, I want to be Farringdon
on 20 January 2013
Hmm
Massive fan of the author and have been for decades and this book still tells us he's got it, there's an however coming ........ this is like a mixture of Pratt a manger , ostrich county and some others, nobbs appears to be coming a little obssesed with London these days and here we have it again....

Some nice under characters but they don't get realised enough, I want more Mandy !
After the life's work epic that was going slowly this novel has an element of an introduction piece but clearly as the last two chapters tell , it Isn't

Still funny, still full of sex but a touch maudlin, surely David you aren't hitting retirement just yet ?