5.0 out of 5 stars The children in my class are addicted!
It's amazing! Suddenly, a group of children who previously had no real interest in books or in reading are hooked!

Published 24 months ago by E. Heckingbottom

3.0 out of 5 stars Ratburger
Not my favourite Walliams book due to the slang language and few rude words should have warning about these on the cover.
Published 6 months ago by George Tideswell

5.0 out of 5 stars The children in my class are addicted!, 25 Sep 2012
E. Heckingbottom "elaineheck143" (U.K.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Ratburger (Kindle Edition)

2/3 of my class are now reading David Walliams books; and nearly half of them are reading this title. They cannot put this book down! Laughter and giggles permeate through the classroom during Individual Reading sessions. I walk into the room to take the register at the beginning of the day to silence ... everyone's nose is in a book! Sections are shared; small portions are read aloud - the addiction is passed from one child to another! They have even infected me! I just had to read it to see what it was that was keeping them all so engrossed!

Plot Summary (without spoilers!)
Zoe is 11 and has just started 'big school', where she is bullied horrendously for 3 reasons: - she is terribly poor; she has red hair and she is short for her size. Her father is an redundant ice-cream maker; and her mother is dead. Her stepmother is vile! She is totally obese and eats nothing other than prawn cocktail flavour crisps! One day, Zoe is devastated to find that Gingernut, the pet hamster that she had been training was dead. What can she do? They cannot afford a replacement and, even if they could, her stepmother is very anti-rodents; then Zoe finds a baby rat in her bedroom and her adventures begin!

Whilst the humour is quite 'wicked' in places, it is no more so than many of Roald Dahl's titles (particularly George's Marvellous Medicine, The Witches and The Twits.)

Overall, I have to say: - Thank you, David Walliams - you have inspired a group of reluctant readers to absorb themselves in books. Long may it continue!

Highly recommended for 8 to 12 year olds with a wicked sense of humour!

4.0 out of 5 stars Ratburger, 30 Jan 2013
This review is from: Ratburger (Kindle Edition)
I would recommend this book to people who like a good chunk of adventure and danger. However, you have to be prepared for some putrid and gory details; on the other hand it was extremely interesting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ratburger, 1 Dec 2012
This review is from: Ratburger (Hardcover)
My wife and I bought this book for our grandson who is a fan of the David Walliams books. He loves to play his xbox but as soon as he received the Ratburger he sat and read it cover to cover totally engrossed in the book and said it was the best ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars HILARIOUSLY FUNNY !!!!!!!!!, 8 Dec 2012
hi,
Rat burger is hilariously funny i couldent stop laughing.i loved every single bit of it.Zoe is the main character in the story. She lives with dad, a dad, Shila, lazy and wicked stepmum, Gingernut, a dead hampster and Armitage,alive rat and they all live in a crumbling block of flats on the edge of the town. It is a great story for 9-14 but i would not recamend it for 8 year olds. There is a few people that made that story so like it is, they are David Walliams and Tony Ross for a great story and lovley illastrations,
Thank You so much and please say if this is helpful!

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good book for a 9 year old, 9 Oct 2012
This review is from: Ratburger (Hardcover)
This book is probably the best book I have ever read, the book gives you a mix of feelings, they are very good books for children 8+, I hope you like this review and look out for it, thank you.
Thomas,9 years old

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny, 23 Sep 2012
mummy spoon (South Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ratburger (Hardcover)
I read this with my 8 year old son over the weekend and we were both hooked after the first page. As with all David Walliams books, the characters are funny and make you want to read more and more, this one is probably my second favourite of his books, after Gangsta Granny.
The illustrations are also great and really add to the story, the cover looks gorgeous too.
I hope David Walliams keeps writing, I think his books are some of the best childrens books since Roald Dahl.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 1 Dec 2012
This review is from: Ratburger (Hardcover)
I have just read Ratburgher, lent to me by my granddaughter. Absolutely loved it, couldn't put it down. Brilliantly funny and also heart-warming. Superb characters and excellent plot.
Highly recommend it.
( 68 yr old Gran.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill, 14 Nov 2012
This review is from: Ratburger (Kindle Edition)
I like this book it is very exiting!Infact I didnt like it I loved it!I love when Zoe and Tina become buddies!Thanks for reading my reveiw!

5.0 out of 5 stars A BOOK FOR GROWN UPS TOO!!!!, 25 Oct 2012
This review is from: Ratburger (Hardcover)
I am a grown up, at least that's what people tell me. But I still like eating chicken nuggets, playing my Nintendo 3DS and throwing a secret strop when I don't win at boardgames. When I saw this book in WH Smith I couldn't help but take a peek and was hooked. I don't have any children so I didn't have an "excuse" to buy it but it was so hilarious I couldn't resist. It was a nice change from literary books that are hard work. In many ways this book was better than many of the Booker prize winners that I've read because it wasn't "hard work" or used long words that I pretended I understood and it made me laugh and smile and all things good. It took me back to the 10 year old who read things like Charlie & The Chocolate Factory, Tracy Beaker and My Naughty Little Sister. Someone who read books that were fun and enjoyable and feel good. So, I am not ashamed. I am a grown up and I like it and I will be buying it as a present too. I got it not because I am a teacher or a parent who wants to read it to their child, I got it because it was a good book and it was funny and I like it. SO NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH to you ;p

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 19 Feb 2013
WOW!?
It's such a amazing and heart warming loved it felt like I was in the actual book loved it

Ratburger
Ratburger by David Walliams (Audio CD - 19 Sep 2012)