2,200 Reviews
 (1,219)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet and sassy
What a wonderful book, I blame the author for my lack of sleep as I couldn't put it down. I'm a voracious reader and have a tendency to forget books after reading, I won't be forgetting this one!
Published 19 months ago by Nicole Turner

1.0 out of 5 stars :(
Published 17 months ago by Cat

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet and sassy, 2 Dec 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars A stunning debut, 11 Nov 2012
From first line to last I was totally hooked. In a genre often stymied by identikit plots, unrealistic dialogue and twee cupcake making heroines, everything about Mhairi McFarlane's debut is a breath of fresh air. The central premise is engaging, intriguing and always rings true, and in Rachel Woodford she has created one of the best leading ladies in recent memory: sharp, witty, sometimes flawed, but always totally lovable and believable. Add to this a brilliant supporting cast of friends and colleagues, all with their own stories to tell and this is one of the most satisfying reads around - a terrific ensemble piece as well as a thrilling central romance, it has a depth of plot, character and storytelling rare for the genre. Mhairi's wonderful turn of phrase, acute ear for dialogue and ribald sense of humour will guarantee you at least five embarrassing public snort lols per page, and I can make no higher recommendation than that. A total joy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!, 21 Nov 2012
I've just finished reading this book and felt compelled to write a review. This is one of the best books I've ever read. The characters are fabulous and so life like I felt part of the story. I laughed out loud numerous times while reading the book and also felt my heart swell with sadness at the missed opportunities that Rachel and Ben let pass them by. I did not want this book to end but was desperate to know what the ending would be; it was so well written it had me wondering right up until the end. I am going to miss this story so much but know that I'll read it again - Brilliant!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book not to be missed, 8 Nov 2012
I loved this book from beginning to end! I think it's hard to find women's fiction that feels new or fresh, but this is it - it had me laughing out loud over and over again, but it's also good for tugging at the heart strings. And best of all, I couldn't guess what was going to happen - even as I got to the very end. So rare! I loved the characters who were always real and believable, making all the same mistakes that we do in life. Plus, it's got a hook that I could totally relate to - everyone remembers the one who got way... If you haven't read it yet I am so jealous because you're in for such a treat!

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh out loud!, 19 Dec 2012
A fantastic book - couldn't put it down. Likeable characters and lots of humour makes this a great choice for a light read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet, funny, heart-warming, 17 Dec 2012
I was supposed to revise for an exam but... Well I just got completely drawn in by this book and could not put it down! I'm not going to go into detail about the plot line, what I will say that it's a very enjoyable book, with a heroine who's neither some perfectly groomed princess nor an annoying cartoonish klutz (like so much chick-lit out there). The dialog was clever and funny, the characters had enough development and complexity to keep me interested throughout, and the romance-bits had me tear up in the good way. Overall an entertaining, heart-warming and realistic story that I would recommend to anyone who enjoys this genre. At 0.99 for the Kindle version how could you resist?!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable read, 13 Nov 2012
Loved the book. Good characters. Good story line. Humour, romance and a some bad guys. Looking forward to this author's next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, 13 Nov 2012
I fell in live with this book right from the beginning. It's one of those great books that you just have to finish, impossible to put down and becomes your world while your reading it.
I can't wait for Mhairi's second book.

1.0 out of 5 stars :(, 21 Jan 2013
Bought this book with all the high reviews, I do purchase alot of books and can at times go through a few a week. This book just didnt grab my attention at all, I found myself reading so far waiting for something to happen and it didnt, was just long and drawn out. I would give up and read another purchase, finishing that and going back to this book and the same thing happening again. Sorry this is the first poor review I have given. Didnt even bother to finish it as it became a task..

5.0 out of 5 stars First page good,last page great, pages in between ? Just fabulous..., 3 Dec 2012
What a simply wonderful, enjoyable book. In a genre that is as crowded as it is weary, this book had real, flawed, not always loveable - but always funny - characters developed just right. Does the story have a predictable ending ? A) none of your business until you actually buy the book, and B) are you rushing to be somewhere ? don't worry about the end, just enjoy the hundreds of pages of warmth, wit, spot-on observational humour, and a tale full of people you just want to have as your mates. (Just to be clear - I do have real mates, ok?)
Buy it, read it, feel better. End of.

You Had Me At Hello
You Had Me At Hello by Mhairi McFarlane (Paperback - 6 Dec 2012)
3.85