5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book with an historical slant, 11 Oct 2012
This review is from: Drawn From Paradise: The Discovery, Art and Natural History of the Birds of Paradise (Hardcover)
Beautiful book, though I wish it'd had the full dust cover (available if you buy it from Waterstones) instead of the "tracing paper" slip with the title on it.
I got it to get it signed by Sir David at a special event (Talk, Q & A, then book-signing) which was well worth the effort as I've always wanted to meet him and shake his hand and a book-signing is the best opportunity.
If you're just a fan of the lovely birds themselves then this book is a treat, no photos, all art-work, and the fascinating history of their discovery. I personally would have liked some photos to counterpoint the art-work but then that would be a different kind of book. This book concentrates on the myths and misconceptions of history.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Book, 12 April 2013
Linda H (West Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
I remember as a child dragging my poor Auntie Doris around Tring Zoological Museum most Summer holidays. My favorites were the Birds of Paradise. The illustrations in this book lovingly recreate those memories. A must for David Attenborough fans and Bird-lovers alike.

4.0 out of 5 stars David Attenborough Book, 30 Mar 2014
N. I. Gardner (England) - See all my reviews
An ideal gift for a person who likes anything Attenboroughn and I was attracted to it as it is not something that I would usually connect him with. A good book with good illustration.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, 13 Jan 2014
Well all i can say is absolutely fantastic. The info and the detailed drawings are just the best thing ever. Well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 21 Dec 2013
I bought this for my father in laws Christmas but quite wanted to keep it for myself. I'm sure he'll love it

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, 22 July 2013
What a lovely book. I ordered it initially for my husband for Christmas and he was over the moon. So pleased with it we ordered another copy for my father. Simply stunning!

5.0 out of 5 stars Astonishing, 13 July 2013
I bought this book as a present but spent quite a long time looking at it before I wrapped it and am considering buying a copy for myself. It really is a lovely book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant buy the book, 7 Jun 2013
Fantastic book that will appeal to naturalists and artists alike, people that I have shown it to are impressed with all the images and I loved the information in the text, great book, would highly recomment

5.0 out of 5 stars Delivery time good, 30 April 2013
A lovely book which I will enjoy reading and looking at many times.Exactly what I expected. A very good collection of art and the Birds of Paradise Thank you

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, 6 Mar 2013
Admittedly there's not much reading in this book but the art work is amazing and there are some interesting facts about birds of Paradise. The book itself is great quality and looks good even just sitting on the coffee table, everyone who has picked up this book have commented on how beautiful the art work is

20.40