5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Book, 4 Feb 2013
This review is from: Downton Abbey: Series 1 Scripts (Official) (Paperback)
As an eternal student of writing and its many forms, script writing has always eluded me as rather technical and, at times, foreboding. I have always wanted to understand the craft before attempting to write my own screenplay, so I thought what better way to learn than to learn from the greats. Julian Fellowes created the masterpiece that is Downton Abbey - an intricately woven world of many layers and of characters known and loved the world over. This book offers brilliant insight into the world he created while showing us the technicalities of the writing form. A brilliant learning tool, but wholly entertaining also. I will be getting the script books for the entire run (which of course I hope goes on and on forever). I cannot recommend this book enough. Its simply amazing how something so black and white can open our eyes to a world of colour, torment, intrigue, laughter, sadness and joy all in one fell swoop.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful addition to my Downton collection!, 16 Jan 2013
This review is from: Downton Abbey: Series 1 Scripts (Official) (Paperback)
Downton Abbey has become a must see in my house. I love everything from the gorgeous castle to the Dowager's one-liners. Maggie Smith plays the part brilliantly. Having collected the DVDs I was delighted to see they were releasing the complete scripts - especially since I'm also into screenwriting and am hoping to write my own TV drama one day. This book not only contains the material which was aired but also deleted scenes. Julian Fellowes gives commentary which in some parts is very interesting and gives more insight into the Edwardian Era. In the middle are some nice pictures to. I've already pre-ordered Series 2. A must buy for any Downton Abbey fan!

5.0 out of 5 stars dive into it, 16 Jan 2013
This review is from: Downton Abbey: Series 1 Scripts (Official) (Paperback)
It is perfect for the Downton Abbey lover as it contains even more details and interesting footnotes from Julian Fellows than you notice in the film.The best is , of course, that you can read the dowagers dry remarks in full !

5.0 out of 5 stars Great insight into Downton, 17 April 2013
This review is from: Downton Abbey: Series 1 Scripts (Official) (Paperback)
I love this book, it's fascinating to read how the scripts first started out. How much was scripted and how much was the chemistry between the actors. There's lots of scenes that were cut and lines missing which add things to a scene that never made it into the show. It also explains things like what Matthew and Mary thought when they first met, why Julian Fellowes had them start off on the wrong foot and over the course of the series fall in love. It's interesting to see it written down and explained with reasoning behind it. I've already ordered the series two book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth buying, 12 April 2013
This review is from: Downton Abbey: Series 1 Scripts (Official) (Paperback)
Absolutely fascinating to any Downton lover. I enjoyed reading Julian Fellowes' comments on why he had included certain scenes, and how he was trying to explain in the script historical details that might not be familiar to a modern audience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 22 Mar 2013
This review is from: Downton Abbey: Series 1 Scripts (Official) (Paperback)
This was bought as a birthday present but I had a sneaky look before wrapping it up. Great book - really interesting to be able to read the script for a fantastic TV series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab-u-lous!, 3 Mar 2013
L. Coxon "fast reader" (notts) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Downton Abbey: Series 1 Scripts (Official) (Paperback)
If you loved the show, then you will really really enjoy the scripts book! Julian fellowes includes interesting footnotes about the ways and whys of the Edwardian period. Have pre-ordered series two. Can't wait!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 9 Feb 2013
This review is from: Downton Abbey: Series 1 Scripts (Official) (Paperback)
This script is possibly the best gift ever! I got to read Mary's and Matthew's first words to each other! And those were spicy but totally great!
And all those repressed feelings, and Mary's almost screw up with the turkish guy?! And Matthew's growing state of annoyance of him being the heir?! And Matthew's growing feelings for Mary?! Please buy it if you don't have the DVD or haven't seen it! It is a really great read!

Okay a really good buy and a great treat if you don't remember series 1 of DA (Downtown Abbey)
I personally can't wait to get my hands on script 2 for series 2 of DA!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another way to rediscover Downton!, 16 Jan 2013
This review is from: Downton Abbey: Series 1 Scripts (Official) (Paperback)
I am surprised there are no reviews! Anyway, this book is amazing! Not only can we discover the whole scripts but also new, unpublished material on the series and on the Edwardian era, which can be very interesting for foreign readers (like me)! I can't wait to read the second volume before watching the fourth season in September!

5.0 out of 5 stars Script, 14 April 2014
S. Lord - See all my reviews
This review is from: Downton Abbey: Series 1 Scripts (Official) (Paperback)
This was a birthday present for our grandaughter who has just finishes a Master of Arts degree and I suspect when she gets the present she will love it

Downton Abbey: Series 1 Scripts (Official)
Downton Abbey: Series 1 Scripts (Official) by Julian Fellowes (Paperback - 20 Dec 2012)
10.49