5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended
Published 10 months ago by Ben

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for the basics but it gets a bit too repetative
I've just completed this course and initially I was impressed by how easily I was picking up the concepts it teaches but I've come to realize how little the course actually covers, by the end I started to notice just how often you're repeating the same few very basic phrases without introducing new vocabulary. Towards the end he starts to introduce some more complex...
Published 6 months ago by BigMAC

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 4 Nov 2013
This review is from: Learn German with Paul Noble (Audio CD)
This course gets five thumbs-up from me. It's a refreshing change from the normal language courses, and is particularly suited to unconfident or slow learners. One of the problems I've had in the past with trying to learn German is that you're expected to have studied grammar beforehand, and be able to tell the difference between an indirect object's second-person nominative case and a dose of rabies, which I personally find difficult. This course neatly side-steps all that jargon, and presents things in plain language that anyone can understand.

Be prepared for lots (and lots) of repetition, and go through the course at your own pace. I found myself starting to skip some sections after a while, because I was confident I knew the material, but it's good that there is absolutely no pressure to memorise things, and when you become confident that you know something - you know it, for sure!

This really is the most effortless and effective language course I've met. It's given me the confidence to speak German when I go to Germany, and the best thing is, they actually understand me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best possible introduction to a New Language, 1 Jan 2014
This review is from: Learn German with Paul Noble (Audio CD)
I first came across this method with the French language box set and went on to buy both the German and Italian sets. I can't recommend them highly enough. For me the pace is perfect, the discreet repetition is most effective and Paul has a very soothing voice, very well suited to teaching. I'd highly recommend the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Purchase, 12 Sep 2013
This review is from: Learn German with Paul Noble (Audio CD)
I studied German at School many years ago and only managed to scrape a D Grade at GCSE. I wanted to re-learn some German whilst I was driving and out walking. I found the method very good and I have learnt some German phrases I did not learn in 5 years of studying at School.

I think this would make an excellent purchase for a child who may be learning German when they progress to Secondary School. This course would give them an enormous advantage in speaking German when they first start their German classes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy learning, 24 May 2013
This review is from: Learn German with Paul Noble (Audio CD)
Well packed - well presented and promptly delivered. I've found this system of learning very easy to follow and very easy to listen to. Would highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 9 Aug 2013
This review is from: Learn German with Paul Noble (Audio CD)
This CD course makes it easier to learn German and is the only course so far that has helped me to progress. You will definitely progress more in 12 hours listening to the CDs than trying to learn through other self help courses and weeks of expensive classes.
I divided my learning sessions into 30 minutes per day. Paul Noble repeats the words and sentences (many times) and has a German speaker repeating the words as well. I found the repeated words and sentences just naturally sank into my memory, but I actively had to speak and think during the course. Try and relax as much as possible while listening to the CDs and it will work for you. There are plenty pauses or silent sections to give you a chance to pronounce the words and to think out the sentences (which is what you will have to do in real life in any case). This course gives you the knowledge to build German sentences and holiday related sentences are also included. You won't be fluent in German after completing the CDs, but you will be able to speak with confidence. Future and past tense are also covered. I wish the Paul Noble Institute can design a further vocabulary course to supplement this course. I am more of a visual learner, so I didn't initially think this course was going to work for me and I was very sceptical initially, but I was incredibly surprised on how well it worked. I highly recommend this course!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ever language courses, 31 Dec 2013
This review is from: Learn German with Paul Noble (Audio CD)
I have tried to learn foreign languages in the past and managed to get by but Paul Noble makes it so much easier

5.0 out of 5 stars Paul noble is the best, 10 Aug 2013
This review is from: Learn German with Paul Noble (Audio CD)
Follows the same technique as for French and Spanish-thoroughly recommended if you want to either brush up on the language or even for those learning the basics from scratch.

4.0 out of 5 stars To be improved, but sill useful for beginners, 30 Oct 2012
This review is from: Learn German with Paul Noble (Audio CD)
It's a good course, but still need to be refined and avoid to repeat all the time some words like "baby" (after the 50th time you hear that word across several lessons you start to hate it). There are many possibilities to present the neutral article "das" besides with the "baby" word!. Here you will learn very few words, but smartly combined to grab the basic structure of sentences and tenses plus the right pronunciation, and these tips, if one pursue this course after having some experience with another beginner's course will provide the framework to be able to continue with more advanced courses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent introduction, 6 May 2014
This review is from: Learn German with Paul Noble (Audio CD)
This is a fantastic introduction to the German Language. I have used quite a few 'teach yourself' courses over the years for Spanish and French and found this format to be by far the most useful. Sentence structure is introduced gradually and then after practising with different verb and adjective combinations a practice scenario is used, usually in an everyday setting. The only problem is now that I have finished the course I want to progress further with the Paul Noble series and this is the only level available. Very much recommend this to anyone looking to start learning German.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, excellent, 20 Aug 2014
This review is from: Learn German with Paul Noble (Audio CD)
Fantastic, excellent, brilliant & every other word you can think of to say this is a fantastic course. I learnt so much in hjust a few weeks. There are two things that I found disappointing: 1. the DVD is not for learning German, it's the story of how Paul Noble came up with this interesting way of teaching & 2. there is no foloow-up/advanced course. If he produced an advanced course with tips on how to get involved with any German Societies in the UK, that would be fantastic.
I recommend this purchase or any other languages that Paul Noble is involved with.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Learn German with Paul Noble
Learn German with Paul Noble by Paul Noble (Audio CD - 13 Sep 2012)