5.0 out of 5 stars Endless amount of fun
I would recommend this book to anyone its great for getting the whole family involved and has an easy medium and hard section.
Published 21 months ago by kezza

3.0 out of 5 stars Snowflakes?
Published 20 months ago by M. White

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Endless amount of fun, 4 Dec 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars Snowflakes?, 9 Jan 2013
This review is from: Collins Pub Quiz (Quiz Books) (Paperback)
For anyone seeking to while away the time or maybe in training for a big quiz, this book will provide hours of practice with questions graded at easy, medium and difficult. There are categories of question, such as pot luck or geography, within each level. One question gave me pause - the book states that all snowflakes are hexagonal. I thought this had been disproved? Aside from that, there are some fairly obscure questions that are quite taxing. Get it from the bargain bucket though

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 22 Mar 2014
Fairy Godmother (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Collins Pub Quiz (Quiz Books) (Paperback)
My Partner has an old quiz book and he likes practising quizes with me before we go to our local pub quiz. We needed a new one and I was looking for one to go with his birthday present. This one seemed the most popular and had a lot of reviews so I bought it. We were disappointed by the format - the pot lucks weren't very interesting and most of the questions were so recent that the age limit must be - well limited - we prefer a range of periods in the twentieth century and earlier for our quiz questions, not just the 21st century! I am sure there are some historical questions, but the topics and questions just didn't grab us. Still looking for another book as good as our old one which had topic headings with very interesting questions and facts. After all - it's for pleasure, not just for learning things!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pub Quiz Book, 15 Jan 2013
This review is from: Collins Pub Quiz (Quiz Books) (Paperback)
A great resource - already used many times as a reference book. Full of interesting facts. Very popular book - nice format.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good easy fun questions, 8 Jan 2013
This review is from: Collins Pub Quiz (Quiz Books) (Paperback)
I chose this rating as i could answer some of the questions. Good selection of topics with good selection of questions, easy peasy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift, 6 Jan 2013
This review is from: Collins Pub Quiz (Quiz Books) (Paperback)
Son was happy with it. Seems to do the trick so hopefully next pub quiz will be better! Arrived promptly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 31 July 2014
This review is from: Collins Pub Quiz (Quiz Books) (Paperback)
I've recently started doing quiz competitions, so thought I'd buy a couple quiz books to train myself. This one was by far my favourite of the books I bought. The book is divided into easy, medium and hard quizzes, and there are specialised quizzes (with a great variety and selection of topics), and general 'pot luck' general knowledge quizzes. The quizzes and answers layout is great; the quiz is on one page, and the answers are listed at the bottom of the next page, so you can't see them while doing the quiz, but just need to turn the page over to see them. Much less hassle than having to search through the back pages for your answers.
Overall I loved it, it's great if you're just starting out quizzing, or if you want some light fun for a family party or a pub quiz. Definitely recommend!

3.0 out of 5 stars Little dated!, 21 Jun 2014
This review is from: Collins Pub Quiz (Quiz Books) (Paperback)
I had a family game night and used this book for a few games. Comments were that allot of the questions were quite dated so only the older members were able to answer. Other that that its ok, there could be an updated version somewhere....

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect to study before tv appearance, 24 April 2014
The Uptons "jag" (london england) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Collins Pub Quiz (Quiz Books) (Paperback)
I've heard so many of these questions to tv gameshows that it will come in very handy as I'm studying before going onto my next gameshow appearance. Wish I had this knowledge the 1st time I was on tv. Great book, highly reccommeded.

5.0 out of 5 stars Collins Pub Quiz (Quiz Books), 8 April 2014
This review is from: Collins Pub Quiz (Quiz Books) (Paperback)
Got this book for my mother to keep her brain active. The difficult questions are almost impossible if, like me, you're IQ is that of an orange pip. The easy ones are ok, do it with her and if you know the answer, feign stupidity and she will get it. Very fast delivery.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Collins Pub Quiz (Quiz Books)
Collins Pub Quiz (Quiz Books) by Collins (Paperback - 13 Sep 2012)
4.00