5.0 out of 5 stars A Song of Ice and Fire
Like most I know, I discovered this series when the HBO television adaption aired on Sky in 2011 and was instantly gripped. Since then I have read all of the books back-to-back and wow... they are AMAZING!

I am NOT a typical fantasy fan... in fact the idea of goblins and wizards going off on some good vs evil quest of grand proportions does NOTHING for me. But...
Published on 21 April 2012 by Dude88

3.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Books - Poor Kindle version
These novels are amazing, I cannot recommend them enough. Well thought out and detailed characters, with compelling story arcs, the pace is not rushed nor overly long. If you like the TV series, these books are much more vivid and detailed.

The only drawbacks are with the kindle version which is expensive and of poor quality.

As well as being...
Published on 7 Jun 2012 by Eryst

‹ Previous | 179 80 8193 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A good deal, 28 Aug 2012
T. W. A. Swallow "wow1066" (Seahouses, Northumerland, England) - See all my reviews
good price, fast service, and a fantastic story I am completely hooked I fear life will not return to normality until it is finished

5.0 out of 5 stars My No.1 read for 2012, 24 Aug 2012
Oliver Kreuter (Munich, Germany) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Song of Ice and Fire, 7 Volumes (Paperback)
I was looking for a book to read during my vacation ... well, this epic collection will keep me busy way beyond that!
What a great read. The book introduces a world that is both very far from ours, and at the same time all about the human condition.
I am now getting close to the end of A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE, and I am very much looking forward to continue this journey.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty nice, 23 Aug 2012
This review is from: A Song of Ice and Fire, 7 Volumes (Paperback)
I decided to buy this product because I read the first book in Portuguese (my home language) and since each book here costs about 15 euros this pack came a lot cheaper.
It was packed in a box perfect for it's size so there was no major damage done to the box of the books themselves, apart from a couple of wrinkles. I was expecting a lot worse after reading some of the reviews here.
Shipping was fairly quick, taking less than a week to get here.

Definitively recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, 23 Aug 2012
This review is from: A Song of Ice and Fire, 7 Volumes (Paperback)
The books are fantastic, excellent value for money (if you were to buy them individually they would cost approx 62 whereas they only cost me 29.70. The only thing that was a let down are the couriers, Yodel were not able to deliver in the timeframes given and I had to call them 3-4 times to get the books. And there was some damage to the outer collector's box whicxh didn't affect the books, but other than that, brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Would highly recommend., 21 Aug 2012
This review is from: A Song of Ice and Fire, 7 Volumes (Paperback)
This is an amazing series, brilliantly written, and very hard to put down. I can't wait for the next one.
What did surprise me was the map of Westeros and the Free Cities that was behind the second Dance with Dragons volume - it's a neat little poster and great for visualising everything as a whole instead of as the segmented maps at the front of the books.

If there is a problem, it's that the books don't go back in the box now I've read them, but it's not a big deal for me as it's not the complete series and I'll need to keep books outside the box anyhow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth It, 20 Aug 2012
This review is from: A Song of Ice and Fire, 7 Volumes (Paperback)
I've not finished reading the books yet but i can say i do not regret getting them at all, Bit of a pain to lug the big books around but very worth it. The story itself is deep and fulfilling, the swiching of the POV took a little getting use to but it is done well. Worth every penny :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good Books of good quality, 19 Aug 2012
This review is from: A Song of Ice and Fire, 7 Volumes (Paperback)
I really like these books, they are of a good quality (still paperback off course, but no problems with that).
The only thing I can comment on is the quality of the box the books came in. The box is pretty and all but it is just carton of 3 mm thick so you have to be REALLY careful with it when moving it because otherwise it will break in a second.

All in All, a very good purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great books for a great price, 12 Aug 2012
This review is from: A Song of Ice and Fire, 7 Volumes (Paperback)
If you have watched the Game of Thrones tv series and you enjoy reading, or if you just want something good to read, then you should definitely give these books a go. The box the books came in was slightly damaged, but the books themselves were unharmed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great books!, 8 Aug 2012
This review is from: A Song of Ice and Fire, 7 Volumes (Paperback)
Great books. The series is fantastic.
Before I read the books and before the TV series came out, I met the author at a Glasgow convention and loved hearing the story of the books. The fans came from all over the world to see him and speak about A Song of Ice and Fire.

I finally managed to buy the books and I've started reading the first one, but my husband stole it from me and won't give it back until he's done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Game of Thrones - complete book set, 6 Aug 2012
Absolutely brilliant read - I am only three-quarters way through and it is severely wearing out the batteries on my Kindle. The actual series keeps very close to these books so i can wait for the DVD part 2. Have to get back to my book now. Do read it you won't be disappointed.

‹ Previous | 179 80 8193 | Next ›

A Song of Ice and Fire, 7 Volumes
A Song of Ice and Fire, 7 Volumes by George R. R. Martin (Paperback - 12 July 2012)
48.00