‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye opening, 4 Dec 2013
This review is from: Invisible Girl (Paperback)
I started this just before bed, intending to read a couple of chapters, see what it was all about, and then go to sleep. Before I knew it I had tears streaming down my face, I was at the end of the book and it was very early hours in the morning.
I didn't expect much when I picked it up. I certainly knew that I wasn't the targeted audience. The main character, Gabriella, is twelve and the target audience seems to be between there and 15 at a guess. At 20, i'm a bit out of that range. But wow, this novel deals with such a heavy issue that I think anyone could and should read it.
With regards to the writing itself, it is a very easy book to read. The narrative flows and the pages almost turn themselves.
But the story. My god, the story. I knew it was never going to be easy, reading a novel about homelessness, but I never quite realised how hard it was going to be either.
Gabriella's emotions and suffering pierced though the pages with brutal force. I spent a lot of time having to put the book down for a few moments when the pages got too blurry to read through tears.
I felt shocked, upset and frustrated reading this, at some points I had to stop myself from throwing the book at a wall in a rage for justice.
It's incredibly eye opening, I challenge anyone to read this and not want to do something to help those who are homeless and in need, failed by the system that's supposed to keep them safe.
I strongly recommend this book to anyone and everyone. It's books like this that turn a persons mind around and spurs them into action.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing !!, 11 Aug 2013
This review is from: Invisible Girl (Paperback)
'Invisible Girl' was so good !
I'm 15 and I think that it's an amazing book !
I definitely recommend it to anyone.
It's also really good for raising awareness about homeless children so 5*'s.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 8 Oct 2013
This review is from: Invisible Girl (Kindle Edition)
This book is full of excitement I really makes you want to read more. I am 13 and I though it was quite easy to read. I absolutely adore the book and the author who I only heard of when I started reading the book. I recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Invisible girl, 26 Jun 2013
This review is from: Invisible Girl (Paperback)
The book is amazing it draws your attention and you just can't put it down.Its emotional but great story so sad but so good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect read, 17 April 2014
This review is from: Invisible Girl (Paperback)
Loved this book. Perfect basis to stimulate good discussions with my youth group. Happily recommend as youth book club read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 9 April 2014
This review is from: Invisible Girl (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book and read it in 2 days (it would have been 1 if I didn't have to sleep). There were times when I felt like throwing the book at the wall it was so unfair. I gave this 4 stars because I felt like it was quite fast paced and I could have done with more information sometimes. Overall, a great read that really captures the heart.

4.0 out of 5 stars cool, 25 Mar 2014
This review is from: Invisible Girl (Kindle Edition)
The story was very interesting and some of the descriptions was amazing. I give it four stars because although it may not seem like a predictable ending it does to some point become predictable making the book less interesting- still a great read and would recommend but not if you want a story to keep you on your toes till the point that your head will explode.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!!!!!!!!, 24 Mar 2014
This review is from: Invisible Girl (Kindle Edition)
i love this book it is amazing i loved every word too . i just couldnt put it down. i would defenatly recomend this to anyone. five stars :)

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 25 Feb 2014
This review is from: Invisible Girl (Kindle Edition)
It was an amazing book and i really loved how it seemed like i was Gabriella i loved it 👌

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good book, 20 Feb 2014
This review is from: Invisible Girl (Kindle Edition)
This book is really good and it shows you a new way of life for other people. I would recommend this book to everyone

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xb60af6a8)

Invisible Girl
Invisible Girl by Kate Maryon (Paperback - 6 Jun 2013)
5.03