Format: Paperback|Change

on 24 March 2013
The Crossing of Ingo is an amazing book about an undersea world. 'Ingo' is what the mer call the sea. The main characters are Conor and Saphire (who are humans) and Faro and Elvira (who are mer). The crossing of Ingo is an important time for the mer, so Ervys (one of the mer's most hated leaders, well, he thinks he's a leader) is determined to stop Conor and Saphire doing the crossing, for they are humans. But Conor and Saph can survive in Ingo because they are part mer and part human. If you don't understand the 'mer language' it's really Cornish, not a made-up language. While you read the books about Ingo you feel like you're there swimming alongside Conor, Saph, Faro and Elvira.
on 23 September 2015
Originally discovered the Ingo Chronicles when I was looking for a suitable book for my 12 year old Goddaughter. Having read the blurb I then ordered myself a copy and loved it so much, I have since given copies to my niece, my friend's daughter, etc. The Crossing of Ingo is the fourth instalment and doesn't disappoint. Helen Dunmore has a wonderful touch and carries you effortlessly into the believable world of the Mer. If you are looking for a story to capture the imagination of a pre-teen girl, look no further than Ingo. If that girl happens to like mermaids, then you are going to be mighty popular!
on 13 February 2014
i love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
buy it now
I've read all the Ingo Chronicles and they were really exciting. Good for children from 8 years upwards.
on 24 July 2013
bought as a present - the recipient declared it to be a delightful read. She reads Helen Dunmore's books regularly and loved this one.
on 16 April 2015
Exciting books for older children. Very well written.
on 19 October 2015
bought these for my grandaughter she loves them
on 3 October 2015